“The best breakfast i ever had”
Review of Blue Eggs & Ham - CLOSED

Blue Eggs & Ham
Cuisines: Diner
“The best breakfast i ever had”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

The food was great and the staff friendly. I will be back.

Decatur, Illinois
“Once was enought to see what the hype was about”
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Work-araunt was good discription. You should go ONCE for the atmosphere and to support a local business. At least some place for close by students to go to.

• Visited November 2010
Anna, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sweet”
Reviewed August 5, 2011

I find this place to be charming. I have been pleased with the service and food every time I have dined.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank star_11023
Decatur, Illinois
“Not good.....”
Reviewed February 24, 2011

My wife and I went here a couple of weekends ago. This is a "work"-arant, to use the phraseology of the Steak and Shake commercial. You order your meal at a counter, get a number, fix your own drinks, including coffee, and sit down.

The service was slow. We received our meal about 15 minutes after ordering...for breakfast. It was nothing to brag about. My wife's scrambled eggs looked like two small eggs, and looked like they had been poured from a carton of eggs. Her two strips of spicy bacon were, however, beautiful and delicious, so I'm not just piling on. Her hash browns came two minutes later, and were lukewarm and boiled more than browned. They had almost no flavor.

We ensured that her food be served with no cheese, but they erroneously omitted the cheese from my omelet, which also didn't have any tomatoes that I could tell upon closer inspection. My whole omelet was 3/4" thick in total, and the egg "shell" (not to imply that there were egg shells, mind you) was maybe 1/8" thick. The sausage in it was flavorless, and the omelet was bad.

You have to get your own drinks including coffee. Service is essentially non-existent.

The room is brand-new, but there are already lights out in the ceiling light fixtures.

The bill was $20!!!

We won't go back.

• Visited February 2011
2 Thank mcconthebus
Niantic, Illinois
“Beautiful Place and Great Food!”
Reviewed February 17, 2011

I visited Blue Eggs and Ham recently ans was very happy with the selections. I am not much of a breakfast person, but I love that they had everything from eggs selections to doughnuts! (freshly made while you wait) I had lunch, but I saw another lady with one and it looked great. I had the blue cheese and bacon slider, and a wasabi slider with fries. Both sliders were amazing and tasted just as they should, I could taste all the flavors. Overall very happy!!!

• Visited February 2011