“Consistently good ”

Ranked #2 of 196 Restaurants in Decatur
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue, Fusion
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Description: At Sol Bistro, we believe that every new day provides a reason to celebrate. We believe that sharing something in common is the derivative of true friendship. We believe that taste buds spark the most creative of ideas, and that our favorite experiences in life are evoked while dining. Sol Bistro invites you to share your experiences with us, and in return, we'll prepare for you a made-from-scratch meal and a few cocktails to complement the conversation.
Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

Had a chicken hoagie with queso and beans, although it was tasty, I was a bit envious of the chicken meatloaf my dining companions had. It looked delicious.
Service was timely and friendly, a good place to stop for a nice meal.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Great dinner
Friend from out of town and impressed with serving size will go back in near future. Thanks

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed August 18, 2018

Never has a change in ownership resulted in such a quick and significant deterioration of service. The quality staff and the relationships that once set Sol Bistro apart as a favorite restaurant in Decatur have now been replaced by a new management that could care less about the importance of the customer (e.g., expect charges for something as trivial as extra salad dressing). Many of the quality staff have left. For us, what was once a weekly night out, has become maybe a once a month check to see if it continues to be such a let down.

Date of visit: August 2018
Paul M, Owner at Sol Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2018

The statements made in this review are absolutely unfair and unfounded. We love and appreciate all of our customers, however they do not run the business. Our 'trivial' salad dressings are made from scratch daily by people who are paid hourly wages. To expect that you can order as many extra sides of an item without compensation is unrealistic and unreasonable. We have plenty of quality staff on currently as well as many of the original employees. They are all building and/or continuing their relationships with customers. We are sad to see you go but change in any business is not only inevitable but necessary to ensure its' continued validity.

Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

As a local, this is one of my favorite restaurants. I often meet friends here and every uear this is where I pick for my birthday dinner. I have never had anything bad from the menu. Check them out!!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed July 30, 2018

I would rank this restaurant higher, but the staff is terrible. We waited a while to be seated, but that was understandable because it was the dinner rush. We were eventually seated at a small table very close to the booths which had extra seating already added to it. This made for a very tight space for the wait staff. When they came through, they would squeeze through and bump things on our table. That was rather unpleasant. Our waiter was rude and made us feel uncomfortable. He would get really close to us and mutter things. We could barely hear him anyway because the restaurant was so loud. After ordering our food, we waited at least 45 minutes to an hour. When our food was delivered, I mentioned that my order was incorrect. He made a big deal about that, gave a big sigh, muttered, and laughed. He grabbed the plate and ran off. It didn't take them long to redo my order...After all that, the food did taste great. They do serve you an appetizer of jalapeño corn muffins with strawberry butter, definitely a unique and delightful combination. I would recommend ordering extra! Overall I would recommend going for the food, just be wary of the wait staff.

Date of visit: August 2017