“Tasty food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Paco's Sol Bistro

Paco's Sol Bistro
Ranked #2 of 168 Restaurants in Decatur
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Fusion
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: At Paco's Sol Bistro, we believe that every new day provides a reason to celebrate. We believe that sharing something in common is the derivative of true friendship. We believe that taste buds spark the most creative of ideas, and that our favorite experiences in life are evoked while dining. Paco's Sol Bistro invites you to share your experiences with us, and in return, we'll prepare for you a made-from-scratch meal and a few cocktails to complement the conversation.
Decatur, Illinois
“Tasty food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

I have been to Paco's a couple of times this month. The first time I ordered the pear spice salad. It is a starter salad and that is tasty and fresh. The stuffed mushrooms were also good, but filling for an appetizer. The flat bread pizza is also good. The second time I went I had the chicken tortillia wrap with slaw. I really liked the wrap and the slaw was nice and crunchy and a little bit spicy. We ordered chips and salsa for our appetizer which was also good. Nothing bad to say. Our waitress was friendly and gave us good service. The only negative is we had to sit in the bar area which was chilly, but they cranked the heat for us. I look forward to going to Paco's again.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank carlinda6665

Illinois
“Enjoyed it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

I get the pizza ever time I go and I love it. It is the spinach and mushroom pizza and I add chicken to it. I know I should branch out and try something else, but I find myself ordering the same thing.

My husband has had the burger and the horseshoe and enjoyed both. We have taken friends and the have tried different pizzas, chicken sandwich, salads and all were good.

Appetizers we have had the salsa and chips and although that was not my favorite, we did have the BBQ bacon wrapped shrimp and they were very very good. We have actually had them multiple times.

Very good food and worth a visit, or two, or...well, you get the picture!

2 Thank wrlegends
Decatur, Illinois
“Happy New Year”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

We chose Paco's for our New Year's Eve dinner and are glad we did. We were greeted and seated promptly and our waitress quickly came to talk our drink orders.

There were lots of new items on the menu (New to us as we haven't been here in over a year.) and they all sounded great. She landed on the crab cakes with chipotle mayo. I had a tougher time and ended up going ordering two things: the steak tortilla and a taco.

Her crab cakes were good. The steak tortilla was good. The taco was great! The taco had a mixture of ground beef and chorizo, topped with onion straws, jack cheese and lettuce. Outstanding!!

We have a great meal and great service. We won't be waiting so long before our next visit!

1 Thank MNM1011
illinois
“Excellent food. good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

This restaurant serves a white chili which is excellent in taste and very flavorful. It is just a tad spicy, however,not so overpowering as to overshadow the taste. The ham and turkey horseshoe was somewhat different than I expected. The dish came with turkey and ham over toast, The French fries were placed with the sauce over the meat and bread. The crispy onion strings were placed over the entire dish. That is what made the dish quite different than most horseshoes. The sauce was excellent as was the dish. The service was excellent.

1 Thank oxfordcook
San Antonio, Texas
“Good Martinis, and Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

We arrived at 7pm, having phoned ahead to be on priority seating list. By 7:15 we had a table (and they honored the priority call order). Jody was a very attentive server.

Well mixed and served martinis (we were able to watch the bartender work) were worth the price.
The chicken meatloaf is...really good. Potato soup was thin. Bacon-wrapped shrimp appetizer was yummy.

Portion for the "horseshoe" is large (understatement). Eclectic menu. Happy room full of diners. Good service. You will probably enjoy being at Paco's Sol Bistro unless you are looking for a quiet romantic dinner!

• Visited October 2013