“Potato salad was still frozen.”

Hickory River Smokehouse
Ranked #40 of 174 Restaurants in Decatur
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Pulled pork, potato salad & coleslaw.

Drive through bbq restaurant? I thought I'd give it a try since I'm on my lunch break.

Some meat was mushy, some was dry.

The potato salad was still frozen.

The coleslaw was weird...just purple water, cabbage etc

The bbq sauce wasn't bad but it wasn't good.

Won't be going back

Reviewed November 21, 2012

I enjoyed the pulled pork but did not care the side dish recipes. The meal was quite pricey for a fast food restaurant. Restaurant was clean.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We absolutely LOVE the food and service at Hickory River Smokehouse. Our family enjoys a variety of food, but we all agree this is our favorite. They have wonderful BBQ, and they even offer it as hot or mild depending on your liking. The side dishes are all wonderful, and they offer different "vegetables of the day", which make ordering fun and new each time we visit. The serving sizes are always VERY generous, and so are the meal deals. I tend to have a sensitive digestive system, but the food from here always settles well too!

Reviewed July 31, 2012

It was advertised as the best barbeque in town, but when I went there and tried the barbeque ribs it tasted like a barbeque for people who are desperate to eat. It tasted awful to me, so i ask for a doggy bag and gave the rest to my dogs. What a waste of trip, and very misleading add.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Yes the BBQ is good but in my opinion it's a bit overpriced. Staff is always very nice and friendly.

1  Thank Cinthom