“The food is good.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Fuji Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi
Ranked #13 of 167 Restaurants in Decatur
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Illinois
“The food is good.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

We have been here numerous times with the last time on my birthday, which was my least favorite visit. The food has always been good, but a bit pricey. I normally order the hibachi chicken which comes with soup and salad. My parents took my husband and I, and the waitress was overly eager that night to get us served and out of there, as she started taking plates away before we were finished. We actually had to ask to have the soup brought back. I should add that this has never happened before. Normally they are very courteous and always ask if we are finished before taking them away. The chef also seemed to be in a big hurry. Normally, they are very engaging and interactive and he seemed to want to get through it very quickly, as it was my birthday and we were there to have a good time, to says we were disappointed would be a complete understatement. Now, there was another group at our table - I should also point out that we were in the grill area, which when seated there you can end up being seated next to anyone and I do mean ANYONE! This could have been the reasons the staff rushed, but it was no reason to make our evening disappointing. I am still giving 4 stars because of past experience and to be perfectly honest I was just ready for the evening to end myself. I will go back again because I enjoy the food, but no more special occasions...it's not that type of atmosphere.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Coronado, California
“Great atmosohere and Manger”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Had a fabulous meal at the bar with some relatives...had great service from the manager, Joey Barkeep...will visit again and hope to relive it!! Great Rolls!!

“Good Hibachi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

This is a good hibachi place. The hibachi steak and chicken are good. Great drink specials, especially Tuesday nights for those like me who like tropical drinks. The restaurant itself was a little hot and musty, but that's the only downside. Also, my dining partner did say that the sushi didn't taste fresh. I don't eat seafood, so I can't confirm or deny that personally.

Visited July 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Average Japanese food, good entertainment, poor in the cleanliness department”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

The food is average- other chain hibachi places are equal if not better in the food department. They definitely have high sodium (i.e. soy) and that is mostly what you taste. If you have fluid retention issues, you will have cankles when you leave LOL. The chefs are entertaining but the service is usually very, very slow, even for drink refills, and the staff that seats you is never friendly. The bathrooms are nice and clean, but unfortunately they are more clean than the dining room..... if you could take your meal to the toilet, you'd probably have more sanitary conditions. I've only seen a roach once, but once was enough.... when it crawls as you eat at the same table. Others have complained about seeing roast infestations- I did not see an infestation, and realize you'll have bugs in restaurants... but fried rice and roaches.... it just makes ya a little nauseated to think about.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank KaiserConsulting
Geneva, Switzerland
“Sushi midwestern style”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

I went to this place many times. The sushi is very good and the grill food is also surprisingly good, with a good show put by the chef when cooking next to you. Only warning: your clothes will smell after dinner as the air filters do not really absorb the odors... but it is worthy, you will enjoy a good Japanese dinner!

Visited April 2013