All reviews newer hotel wonderful hotel excellent stay hospital visit family stayed here fire pit electronic devices food allergies very pleasant stay would definitely stay here again pool area the staff was great great place to stay shower head waffle maker fast food comfortable beds
Reviewed July 16, 2017

We stayed in the Hampton Inn during a family weekend. The hotel seems fairly new with very comfortable rooms, nice facilities (a pool, exercise room, breakfast salon). It offers a good breakfast selection of both hot aand cold options. Its location in Mt Zion places it near other restaurants and shopping and still close to Decatur's downtown. The average rating for this property is due to our experiences with the staff and operations. First, we arrived and checked as per normal. A couple of minutes later I received a call and text from my credit card company saying that they suspected fraud during the check-in procedures and had placed a hold on the card and transactions. I spoke with the desk clerk, asked for information, and tried to make sure that there was no fraud. The clerk was not too experienced and admitted that he may have done something incorrectly when he made the original transactions for our rooms. I requested that he cancel the transactions and place the charges on another card. He was puzzled by this, but did comply after I explained the reason. I then spent the next hour sorting it out with my credit card security representatives. The second complaint has to do with room service. After a long hot day in sweltering summer heat, we returned in the early evening to freshen up and get ready for dinner. The room service had just reached the fourth floor, and our rooms were not cleaned or made. There was only one hard-working staff person at the floor at that time. We asked her for towels and soaps, which she gave us. Definitely, the management needs to pay attention to these operational details if they want return business, especially if there are other hotel options in the area. My wife was also not too happy with the credit headache, and less thrilled with the lack of housekeeping. While the facilities seemed excellent, the staff and operational elements are lacking. I am sure the management can do better and can achieve an excellent rating when they pay attention to these issues.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Kevin D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Decatur Mt Zion, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2017

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay. We are so sad to read what you experienced. I apologize that your room wasn't service before you returned for the day. We had a busy day with early check ins so we serviced the stay overs at the end of the day. I apologize that it was not as quick as it should have been. We have hired 3 more people this week based on the business we have had in our short 90 days of being open. I am not familiar with why your bank would have called you about fraud charges but I do know I get those every time I travel to unusual places out of my normal charging area. A lot of financial institutions do this as a safety measure. Thank you again for sharing and I assure you we are working on this.

Reviewed July 11, 2017

Stayed at this hotel while attending a family celebration at nearby Scoval Zoo. Brand new hotel. Very clean. Very nice. Laundry machines were a bonus too. Gorgeous outdoor patio with gas grill and fire pit--wow! Breakfast was pretty good. Always feel that complimentary breakfast bars are difficult, but overall we were pleased. Good selection of restaurants nearby. Will stay again for sure.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Kevin D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Decatur Mt Zion, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2017

Thank you for the great review! We are pleased to read the great remarks. We hope you had a great family celebration and keep us in mind for your next visit.

Reviewed July 11, 2017

We stayed here last weekend. We arrived at the hotel around noon and thought we would check to see if our room was available. The gentleman checking me in was so nice and found a room. I was worried being close to the elevator but the only noise was from the basketball team running around. Breakfast was included and your standard breakfast with waffles and that is all my kids need. We used the pool twice, and while small, it was clean and plenty of towels available after our swim. This hotel still smells like paint it is so new and will most likely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on you recent stay We appreciate the feedback. Glad we were able to get you in early and all went well for you and your family. We love to read you would stay with us again and we look forward to that in the future.

Reviewed July 10, 2017

We stayed 1 night here, as part of our summer vacation (with a stop to see Abraham Lincoln sites in nearby Springfield, IL). This is a very new property, which (aside from being a Hilton family property & close to Springfield) was a key to our reservation. The hotel & staff were great. This was our first time using the new "digital key" function with iPhone, and that was a nice feature, too.

Room Tip: I always select a room away from the elevator
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Kevin D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Decatur Mt Zion, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2017

Thank you for the great review! We are pleased all went well for you and your family on your summer vacation. We are glad you enjoyed Hiltons digital key. We are finding out the guests are really enjoying it. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed July 10, 2017

I stayed here during the first weekend of July. The staff was very friendly and the check-in process was smooth. The building was in fantastic condition. I rarely get this nice of a place for the money. The *only* issue I had was that I happened to decide to hit the complementary breakfast when half of the rest of the hotel did, so they ran out of several hot items. The staff was paying attention, so I'm confident they had more food coming, but I had to take off before it could get restocked. I'll be back at this hotel the next time I'm in the area.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay. We are happy to read your wonderful comments. I apologize about the food situation as you are correct about when the "rush" will hit. We have put new measures into place and hired a second person on the weekends for this very reason! Thank you again for sharing and we look forward to seeing you again soon at the Hampton by Hilton, Decatur/Mt. Zion.