“very tasty”

Asia House
Ranked #29 of 168 Restaurants in Decatur
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed March 16, 2012

good salad with ginger and fresh avacado
hot and sweet soup great

3  Thank tsbails1
There are newer reviews for Asia House

Reviewed November 18, 2010

Excellent service and attention to detail. The dining space is below adequate for an in-house dining experience but once you have their food it does not matter very much. The sushi is very good, better than any within a 60 mile radius. The menu items are all good but the shrimp dishes are particularly good. If you can get over a very mundane and somewhat dreary dining area you will not be disappointed. If you have to have ambience with your meal then order the food to go. Another caution they do not serve alcohol.

4  Thank alplm5124
Reviewed July 8, 2009

I have just discovered this little restaurant tucked away in a corner off 51 near a giant Kroger, and I am so thankful I did. Before I found The Asia House I would have to drive all the way to Springfield whenever I needed an Asian Food Fix, because I thought Decatur only had the Buffet variety of Asian Cuisine. Asia House fills that void, and now I can get my Shrimp Lo Mein and a couple Sushi Rolls right here in Decatur.

Sushi
I have only sampled 2 of the sushi rolls and while they are nothing ground breaking (or as mouth watering as the one's found at Ginger in Springfield) they are quite satisfactory in a town where this is the only sushi option. The Sushi menu looked very small, with only a handful written out on a dry erase board. I tried the Shrimp Tempura and the Spicy Salmon Rolls and would recommend both.

Main Menu
They seemed to offer a good variety of all the Americanized Chinese Food. I have only tried the Lo Mein and it was definitely the best I've had in this town.

It's a tiny box ox a restaurant with a fish tank, some fake plants, and snowman shaped soy sauce bottles. This place is not going to impress anyone with its looks.

This is a great place to get Asian Takeout in Decatur. If had been in a different place then I would have given it 3/5

4  Thank nhitchings
Reviewed June 9, 2008

This restaurant is in a strip shopping center and does not try to be "fine dining." It is a typical chinese restaurant that also has a limited sushi bar. Maguro (tuna), ebi (shrimp), sake (salmon), tako (octopus), and, yes, hamachi (yellowtail), among a very few other items.

It is the only sushi bar in Decatur that I know of, and, while very limited in selection, is always fresh. Because of the limited menu, my wife and I usually only eat maki (rolled sushi) here. They can, with notice, turn out decent "party trays" of sushi as well, and actually did a great "special order" for a high-end dinner party we had at our house.

Also, their curried chicken is wonderful, and their "triple jade" (brocolli, snow peas and green beans) when ordered "super extra spicy" and "with pork" is a great everyday dish.

Decor is strictly "functional."

Ivy, one of the owners who runs the counter, is a doll. For what this restaurant is, it is excellent. My wife and I eat here twice a week.

4  Thank mcconthebus