“Good for a stopover but maybe not much longer”

Knights Inn Woodstock
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Jacksonville
Halifax, Canada
“Good for a stopover but maybe not much longer”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Inn was very easy to find from the highway and the price wasn't bad for one night. We ate at the restaurant for supper and the food was average but my husband really liked the Korean dish he had. All the staff we encountered were very friendly. The room was clean but the property is tired, located in an industrial park, you definitely need a car to explore the area. The room was long and the bathroom separates the two beds for a bit more privacy. Although easy to find, we were in the first unit next to the road and there was plenty of traffic noise because of it's proximity to the on-ramp.

Room Tip: Request a room other than Unit 1 next to the road.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kevin L, Owner at Knights Inn Woodstock, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you for your staying in my motel and nice review.
We are very sorry if you feel this motel is old, but we are renovation all rooms through winter season.
If you stay again next time, you must be happier, and I will prepare quite room for you.
Unit #1 is close to the highway ramp.
Thank you for your advise.

Owner Kevin Lee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Woodstock, New Brunswick, Canada
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I relocated to Woodstock and my company put me up at the Knights Inn while I look for an apartment. I spent two weeks here. Jin and her husband are friendly and attentive hosts. The room was simply furnished but was clean and comfortable. The restaurant provides standard fare. I quite enjoyed their Korean selection. Darlene the hostess was always pleasant and helpful.

If you are placed in a room far from a wireless router you can obtain an Ethernet cable to maximize connectivity. Aside, internet access is free and very fast (2MB Torrent downloads).

Although the Inn is only a few minutes from downtown Woodstock but there is a convenient store located close by located.

Only complaint.. the AC unit is on the loud side.

I gave this this review 4 stars based on what you get for the price. My room was $79 per night.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your staying in my motel and nice review.
Congratulation on your relocation in Woodstock area.
We'are very pleasure to see you in this area and thank you for taking lunch very often in my restaurant.

Park City
Reviewed August 15, 2013

The Best Western Was fully booked. We booked from the Wyndham site and it was not up to their standards.

Room was old and tired. Breakfast was white bred and dry cereal. $5.00 extra for a "real" breakfast.

Skip this place!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear my valuable customer.
Thank you for your staying in my motel.
We are very sorry if you feel this motel is old and tired, but we are renovation all rooms through winter season.
If you stay again next time, you must be happy.
Thank you for your advise.

Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Pull off the highway, and it's right there! Rooms are comfortable, and the service is efficient. The breakfast area appeared to be a little snug, but there's some expansion going on that might fix this. Just one observation - juice at breakfast would be nice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
We are very happy to hear you have nice accommodation here.
Especially, we are trying to serve many kind of Asian & Canadian foods.
If you stay again next time, you will see the difference with a renovated rooms and new menu.

Montreal
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Friendly staff, clean room. A little old but this is a very good value motel. Bed was comfy. Rooms look better than from the exterior. Do not hesitate to stop cheaper than others around woodstock. Will stau their on our next drive thru new brunswick

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank SensDuVoyage
Thank you for your review.
Wish to see you again and your best life.

Charlottetown, Canada
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Stayed in the honeymoon suite, just to get the jacuzzi. For the price paid the room was excellent. It was large, had fireplace, very large bathroom, can't complain. The tile on the floor was very cold but we just wore slippers and were fine.
The restaurant was great. Very large servings, good diner food for a great place.
I would definitely stay here again if in the area. Can't beat the price. We stayed at more expensive places in the area and they were a big letdown, this place delivered to our expectations.

Room Tip: the honeymoon suite, for the extra 10 or 20 bucks definitely worth it.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank travcan44

Moncton, Canada
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Paid in advance through Expedia so couldn’t cancel but here what I found : Mildew in the bathroom, stained carpet, noisy heating system, broken coffee machine, unpaved entrance….
Don't get trap: you certainly deserve better for your money

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Disappointed24102011
Dear my valuable customer.
Thank you for your staying in my motel and your advise.
We've changed the hotel name and system with a franchise.
And we are renovation all rooms step by step.
If you come this place again, it will be totally different.
We always wish to see you again and your best life.
Thank you for your reminding by the review.

Owner Kevin Lee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville
Howard Johnson Inn Woodstock NB
Stiles Motel
Stiles Motel
#3 of 4 in Woodstock
John Gyles Music Room & Inn

Been to Knights Inn Woodstock? Share your experiences!