“What a surprise!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 26, 2014

This is a family owned restaurant that treats me like family. The food is delicious and the variety of dishes will keep the menu interesting and fun for a long time. Tonight was a Calamari marinara with a side of Penne pasta which broke my carb fast. I really like to be able to pop in on a Monday night, have a nice meal, and only drop a twenty. Similar Italian in the area that failed, would have been twice that. Best of luck to these folks.

3  Thank James60178

Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

We had a group of 10. The server was willing to process separate checks. They offered drink specials as well as dinner specials. The menu offered multiple chicken and shrimp options. Also on the menu, pick a pasta of your choice and match it up to a 'sauce' of your choice. If steak is what you want, there are two options. Pizza is also avail. Our party ordered a variety of items and everyone was impressed and all left with leftovers..a lot of food for the price! Very reasonable! The chef came out after dinner was complete to ensure all were satisfied. The restaurant was clean and tables were spread out to avoid feeling crowded. Overall... Magnifico!

4  Thank lovetobowl2
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I was back in Dekalb for the first time in well over a year and the associates I was there with took me here for dinner. This place being new since I was last in area. The service was not the most prompt after we had dinner ( had to sit a long time for check) but the food was good, reasonably priced and staff was friendly. I ordered one of the three daily specials and it was very tasty. I would go back there next time I am in Dekalb.

4  Thank dubelaw
Reviewed January 16, 2014

If you are staying in DeKalb be sure to stop in here for dinner or lunch. It can be a little hard to find, located in "Greek Row" near the college, but its worth the effort. The Marinara sauce really has the fresh made from scratch taste and the cocktails were perfect. Highly recommended.

4  Thank Port-A-Fan
Reviewed January 1, 2014

A bit over priced for what you get. Food OK. I know people who have gone here and loved it, but I don't see the big attraction. It's always nice getting a new restaurant in DeKalb. But this is not one I'll make a return trip to.

Been to Fanatico? Share your experiences!