“Great Italian for the area”
Review of Fanatico

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I was back in Dekalb for the first time in well over a year and the associates I was there with took me here for dinner. This place being new since I was last in area. The service was not the most prompt after we had dinner ( had to sit a long time for check) but the food was good, reasonably priced and staff was friendly. I ordered one of the three daily specials and it was very tasty. I would go back there next time I am in Dekalb.

4  Thank dubelaw

Reviewed January 16, 2014

If you are staying in DeKalb be sure to stop in here for dinner or lunch. It can be a little hard to find, located in "Greek Row" near the college, but its worth the effort. The Marinara sauce really has the fresh made from scratch taste and the cocktails were perfect. Highly recommended.

4  Thank Port-A-Fan
Reviewed January 1, 2014

A bit over priced for what you get. Food OK. I know people who have gone here and loved it, but I don't see the big attraction. It's always nice getting a new restaurant in DeKalb. But this is not one I'll make a return trip to.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Fanatico is hands down, the best restaurant in DeKalb. They opened a year ago and I have eaten there at least 8 times. Everytime I order something different and everytime the meal has been excellent. My wifes pizza was extraordinary, my veal picatta mouth watering, the calimari was lightly breaded and fried to perfection. I also like their salads with the house dressing. One thing I particulary like is the fact that they have the Italian beer, Peroni, on tap. This beer is very hard to find on tap and is very appealing to me, a dedicated Stella and Heinekin drinker.
The service has always been excellent and attentive. The ambiace is just OK as I feel they could use candles on the table, soft music playing in the backround and more authentic artwork on the walls. But what counts here is the food and I recommend it to any lover of fine Italian food. For those that complain about its location, all I can say is grow up-people travel miles to dine in a good restaurant. I would do the same for this restaurant.

3  Thank Mark C
Reviewed December 10, 2013

It's not the best restaurant I have ever been to, but it's easily the best in Dekalb. It's maybe the only place where the food looks excellent and tastes great. It's authentic Italian gourmet and also has a nice, fully stocked bar with good drink specials most nights. The food is awesome and so is the service. Most people who have gone here usually end up becoming regulars. They also have a new, really nice outdoor area. It has a fireplace and nice fountain, among other things.

3  Thank CollegeMR

Been to Fanatico? Share your experiences!