“simply fantastic”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 23, 2014

With so many other reviews there is not a lot left to say that has not already been said... but here goes. The owners seem to genuinely care about your time and food experience here. A lot of effort has been put into the decorating and menus. The servers make you feel at ease.

I was here with 3 girl fiends for a bday celebration. The food was spectacular and the service was efficient, quick to respond, friendly, and always on hand but not intrusive or pushy.

For a college town that pushes .25 hot wings and $1.00 drafts this was exceptional beyond all words. I could easily see this place being located in Geneva or downtown Naperville, but it's charm seems to radiate from the fact that it needs not compete with other restaurants of that caliber possibly making its location in downtown Dekalb its perfect home. I will be back many many more times.

Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

We were visiting Dekalb and decided to try this place out for dinner. It is beautiful inside! Huge bar and comfortable booths. The menu offers many choices and everything looked delicious. We had a couple of the bruschetta choices which were tasty. We tried the mini-burgers and barbecue chicken sandwiches and they were so good. I would highly recommend the burgers, they were so juicy and tender. This place is perfect for a date night. They had a acoustic guitar player when we were there on Saturday night. He was decent and didn't play too loud. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed June 7, 2014

I have been here twice and have not been disappointed. The first time I ordered a couple small plates and my friends and I shared everything. All that we had on the table was impressive and delicious. The most recent trip I ordered the spinach and artichoke pizza. I was so pleased I ate half at dinner and then the rest later that night. I even gave a slice to two friends and they both wanted to order their own. So fresh, flavorful and fantastic! I actually want to go back right now and order another one. The prices are very reasonable and the service is good as well. Small spot but decor is modern and appealing. I absolutely will go back and I highly recommend it. Doesn't feel like your in DeKalb when your eating here, could easily be in a much larger city.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

We just came back from a weekend in DeKalb, and had a wonderful meal at TapaLaLuna.

We came on a Friday night and there seemed to be a lot of reservations there, but they managed to find us a nice table without a problem (but there were some people waiting for a little while later, so I would suggest a reservation if it is on a weekend).

The staff was very friendly and the food was just great! They call their cuisine "world tapas", however the portions are bigger than standard tapas, and more like some of the "small plates" restaurants we have been to. My wife and I shared 1 glass of wine, 1 appetizer, 1 entree salad, 1 standard entree, and 1 dessert and felt it was a good amount for us.

The appetizer we had was a spinch/cheese dip that was really smooth and flavorful, and served with freshly grilled little bread rounds. The bread was great, although a few of them were grilled just a bit much and were a bit charred/blackened on one side.

For the salad we had a beef tenderloin salad that had absolutely wonderful, melt in your mouth beef mixed with the greens and a wonderful dressing. For the entree we had a very nice piece of salmon, large and tasty, served with a great sauce, as well as some asaparagus and some greens on the side. For dessert we had a scrumptuous little berry cheeskcake that was incredibly smooth and delicious.

Overall a great meal with a very nice service and place we would easily go back to.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Looking for great food and live music? Not many places other than bars offer this in DeKalb or Sycamore. Tapa La Luna has a great open environment with exposed brick everywhere - best eating atmosphere in the area. Good service and selection - tapas style or regular entries - you cannot go wrong.

1  Thank Marshallpw