“NASTY”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in DeKalb
Woodstock, Illinois
“NASTY”
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Well if you have ever seen the movie vacancy, this hotel totally looks like it. Checked in and looked for an elevator but there's only stairs. Then on the way to the room the lights in the hallway are a bright light that should be outside. Once inside the room, there was a nasty undescribable smell almost like a hospital, and two of the lights didn't work in the room. And most hotel doors swing shut and you can hear them click shut, well this one didn't click and doesn't lock. Neither do five or six other doors we tested on the way down to the lobby, if they are not dead bolted shut you can just push them open... A little scary if you ask me. And once I told the front desk attendant we were going to stay else where he seemed offended, an like he wasn't going to refund me, but he eventually did. Overall the five minutes I was there, I would never come back again!

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Worst experience ever! First was given misinformation by the desk staff as to check-in times and billings so was charged TWICE for a one night stay (and the manager is still refusing to refund!), horrendous staff (don’t bother asking for clean towels, they won’t have any! But they’ll tell you to go to Walmart and get your own!) and DISGUSTING ROOMS! Hairs on the towels, trash stuffing into the toilet paper rolls, holes and stains on the walls of all areas; nasty! The County and State Health Inspectors have been alerted of this unsanitary place and I hope it shuts down! Awful!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mariah C

Travelers are raving about these DeKalb hotels

CHICAGO
Reviewed November 13, 2012

My stay was terrible due to the smell of the room. It smelled stale and like urine. It was unbearable. I would have left if I could have found another hotel in Dekalb that night. But, there were no vacancies. Also, I couldn't get room on first floor. I didn't know there was no elevator. I would have requested it at time I booked. And finally, I was told I couldn't get late checkout for noon because they needed to accommodate someone who MAY want to check in early.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

1 Thank SUSAN B
RACINE
Reviewed November 6, 2012

There is nothing in walking distance but the drive is not that far just woud have prefered to stay closer to anywhere. Everything about the room was outdated. The beds were uncomfortable. My son actually slept on the floor to get some sleep and the tvs were old and only one light in the room was working. The toliet in our room would not flush. The guy at the front desk came and opened up the lid so for the whole trip we lifted the lid to get the toliet to flush and pull the chain. The reason we picked the hotel was for the pool. well the heater was broke and the pool was frozen so we could not use that either,overall this was the worse super 8 hotel that I have ever stayed at. they also stated they had free breakfest but when I went down there well before the nine o clock ending time there was nothing left and no one re filling anything.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

1 Thank racinegomez
Also consider these accommodations in or near DeKalb
Red Roof Inn & Suites DeKalb
Hampton Inn - DeKalb (Near the University)
Motel 6 Sycamore
Motel 6 Sycamore
#4 of 4 in Sycamore
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sycamore
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#3 of 4 in Rochelle
Holiday Inn Express Rochelle

Been to Super 8 DeKalb IL? Share your experiences!