“The hotel is in a good location and a good value (although...”

Baymont Inn & Suites Dekalb
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in DeKalb
Reviewed February 20, 2013

The hotel is in a good location and a good value (although I wasn't allowed to use my AARP discount because someone else made the initial reservation). The trains were very annoying at night and both my husband and I had sore necks the next day. I'm not sure why because the bed seems comfortable. The soap and/shampoo made me itch. The desk has staples on the front of it (maybe from packing material?) that snagged a sweater that came in contact with it. The room was very warm and I had to open the window to cool it off.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Baymont Inn & Suites Dekalb

Reviewed February 18, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 19, 2013

its was horrible accommodations the front desk spoke very little English there were bugs (beetles) underneath the quilt i tried to explain to the front desk manager that there was bugs in my sheets and he spoke gibberish and told me "nothing to worry everything fine" and insisted on a no refund policy. i will never stay here again. Hopefully my next visit i will find a suitable hotel more appropriate for what i am willing to pay for a night.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 14, 2013

When we arrived they could not find my reservations that were made on wyndham rewards. I had to pay 5 dollars more to repurchase the room. The hotel was overall not clean. We found dead bugs in our room and saw live bugs in the hallway. The two good things about our stay was friendly staff and location. The hotel is located next to an excellent bar and grill. I contacted wyndham via the 1-800 number and they confirmed my reservations were made correctly. I then had to recontact the hotel to confirm my credit card would not be charged twice!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 27, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SHAYNA N
Reviewed November 16, 2012

This is the dirtiest hotel I have ever set foot in. The first room we checked into had hair all over the bathroom floor and the commode had dried urine all over it.The walls were stained with some sort of liquid and the set up of the room was odd. We asked to be changed to a clean room and the desk clerk was kind and quickly changed us to another room. This room also had a dirty bathroom floor complete with hair; the carpet had obviously not been vacuumed in weeks, the mirror had something splattered all over it and the bedspread had dried food on it. Gross!! This room was not worth 30 per night and we paid almost 200.00 for 2 nights in this dump! I will be asking for a refund and reporting this disgusting mess to the local health department!!!!!

Room Tip: Place is a mess and sits on top of railroad tracks.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nancy S
Also consider these accommodations in or near DeKalb
Red Roof Inn & Suites DeKalb
Hampton Inn - DeKalb (Near the University)
Super 8 DeKalb IL
Super 8 DeKalb IL
#2 of 5 in DeKalb
Motel 6 Sycamore
Motel 6 Sycamore
#4 of 4 in Sycamore
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sycamore
Holiday Inn Express Rochelle

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Dekalb? Share your experiences!