Red Roof Inn & Suites DeKalb
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Great 4.5/5
Great 4.5/5
View Hotel
All reviewscollege townoutdoor poolroom was cleanin room coffeehave stayed here several timeslight sleeperice machinefront desk clerkliving roomdowntown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 18, 2013

On the second day of our stay our room was not serviced. When I reported this to the front desk I was told "sorry but our maids are all gone for the day". Really??? No solution was offered and no attempt was made at service recovery. That night was discounted only after I insisted and had to argue with the front desk staff. The manager has never contacted us or made any attempt at service recovery. The location of this hotel across from NIU and the football stadium is premium but not worth the lousy service.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWDK, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites DeKalb, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Ms. Hawkins thank you for your review. I aplogize if we didn't meet your expectations on your last visit. At the time you checked in we did not have any first floor rooms available. As soon as my staff told me about your situation I told him to reduce your rate and I look at your folio he did give you the discount we discussed. I know you have been a valued guest in the past. I just reviewed your reservations and you have stayed here at least 9 times in the past 12 months. We really appreciate your business and would like you to return and we will upgrade you to a Luxury Suite on your next trip to Dekalb. Once again, thank you. I will be sure to share these comments with my staff.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I was in DeKalb for an alumni event and football game. This hotel is in a great location. I was able to get a whirlpool suite which is huge. We entertained friends in the room both before and after the game. The main room has a TV, large bar, mini fridge, sink, and couches/sitting area. The other room is the bedroom with a huge whirlpool.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWDK, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites DeKalb, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

We appreciate your comments and will share them with staff. I happy that you enjoyed the suite. Please make sure you contact me next time you visit Dekalb, I'll try to get you in the same Sweet Suite. It is a great room. We have just completed many upgrades since you checked out, we have added an entire new lighting package, accent wall, new headboards with more to follow. Thank you again for the positive review.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

After having our sons funeral and coming to town to get away we went in to book the room and the reception guy was rude. Our room was freezing and we got charged for a call that was so called made from our room. I didn't wanna argue with the guy because we were exhausted from a long drive. You could hear the people outside and where our room was we just didn't feel safe. We were so ready to just go! The train was extremely loud!!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Majnmommy07
BWDK, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites DeKalb, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Rhonda:

I apologize for any inconvinence you experienced over the weekend. My staff informed me Sunday . I did reverse the movie charge. I .tried to call you twice today I was unable to leave a message I really wanted to apologize personally.
Please contact me personally on your next visit to Dekalb I will make sure you ar checked in to a quiet Luxury Suite. Once again I deeply apogize. Please feel free to call me at anytime.
We welcome all reviews I share them with the entire staff to better our service.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

This is the second time we stayed at this hotel in the last 4 years because of its location and it is more run down. We were disappointed that they still did not provide a microwave and refrigerator which we have come to expect at a Best Western. The decor was exactly the same although the bed had been upgraded and was very comfortable.

Room Tip: Get near the front of the building. Freight trains go by all night.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank pauline459_22
BWDK, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites DeKalb, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Pauline thank you for your review. On youir next visit to Dekalb please mention to the front desk agent that you would like to be further away from the train. We will also try to upgrade you to a luxury suite. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

This place provides a clean room, very good location (near NIU campus and downtown DeKalb), very friendly and helpful staff, good breakfast, and a sufficient fitness room. I try to stay here whenever I can.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWDK, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites DeKalb, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Karen:
Thank you for your kind review. I'll make sure to share it with the staff. It's always nice to here that their hard work, upgrades and renovations are appreciated. Once again thank you, it's always a pleasure.We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Best Western Dekalb Inn & Suites. Please call hotel directly and we will be happy to upgrade you to one of our luxury suites.