“A Really Great Choice”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
South Bend, Indiana
“A Really Great Choice”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

What a great place! The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable about the food, and can help steer you if you have any allergy issues. The food is very good - nicely presented, very flavorful, and generous portions. I'd definitely go back here if I'm in the area again.

• Visited July 2014

DeKalb, Illinois
“Delicious”
Reviewed May 6, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Consistently delicious! Casual atmosphere, also has pickup and delivery. I have their food weekly and I cannot find another place anywhere that has the flavors and tasty quality!

Visited May 2014
Skokie, IL
“Very Nice Food - Exceptional Service”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

My wife and I recently ate at Thai Pavilion and had a really nice meal there. The restaurant is nothing fancy, in a little kind of storefront location, but decorated very nicely.

What really impressed us about the restaurant was the exceptional service. We had some of the friendliest and most down-to-earth waitstaf we had had in a long time. They were definitely the proactive sort of waiters - always asking "can I get you this" or would you like some..." etc. , but not in an overbearing sort of way, but rather in a relaxed sort of "how are you doing tonight" way that made you really feel relaxed and comfortable in the restaurant. From the moment we walked in until the time we left, we felt like family.

My wife and I started with some appetizers- edamame and tofu satay. While steamed edamame is a relatively straight forward dish, a lot of restaurants under or over cook them, so that they are either way too soft, or way too crucnchy. These were done perfectly. The tofu satay was also wonderful, with firm but tender tofu that was well spiced, and a peanut sauce that was one of the best I have ever had. It was actually a crunchy sauce with some real peanut pieces rather than the really smooth kind, but had some great spices in it. I would come back just for the peanut sauce.

We then followed up with some wonderful vegetable soup that had a good blend of vegetables in a really flavorful chicken-based broth. The two entrees (the lime chicken salad and the beef with broccoli) were very good, but nothing exceptional, just very good basic food (but not as great as the appetizers and the soup).

But between the very good/excellent food and the terrific service we had a wonderful dinner, and would be glad to go back to try some of their other dishes!

• Visited May 2014
“Excellent Thai Food!”
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Excellent Thai food. The luncheon special is an especially good value, but only served from 11:00-2:30. I had the Pad See Ew with beef; mild, but add some chili and things pick right up. Mu wife had the Panang, excellent!
A highly recommended place if int he DeKalb area!

• Visited September 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Good”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Good Thai food. Place is usually very busy on weekends and very small inside, so go early to get a table. It was my first visit and I will go back! Very pleasant service and inexpensive.

• Visited July 2013

Been to Thai Pavilion? Share your experiences!