“Great Japanese and Chinese”
Review of Tai San Chef

Tai San Chef
Ranked #9 of 48 Restaurants in Darien
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Thai
Reviewed January 6, 2012

We have eaten at Tai San many times and have always loved it. Excellent hibachi food on the Japanese side and very good and affordable Chinese dinners on the other side. Typical Chinese dinners will run about $9, including an egg roll and soup along with your entree and rice. They also have very fresh made to order sushi. This is our favorite restaurant for either Japanese or Chinese food and we very highly recommend it.

Reviewed January 3, 2012

We were in the area on New Year's Day to shop at a nearby IKEA. Even though IKEA offers food we were in the mood for Chinese. I used google maps on my iphone to find this place and it seemed promising after a quick check of the website. It was a great choice.

We had chicken and pineapple fried rice, "beef noodle" and General Tso chicken. It came out quickly but the waitress missed one of our items. Everything was great and the kids ate it up! I want to note that my wife is Singaporean-Chinese and was very pleased with the food, saying "Hun Hao" when asked how it was. This is something she rarely does.

I was so happy about the visit I wanted to make sure I wrote a review. I took the picture of the place so I'd remember the name. Too bad I don't have any reason to visit that area again. :(

Reviewed September 1, 2011

We have gone here many times, and ordered pickup also. Never disappointed. The vegetables and meat are incredible fresh. The shrimp are big, fresh, not overcooked in the dishes. the portions are generous. High quality food at a great price. The sushi is great - lots of selections here - great menu.

Reviewed July 11, 2010

I eat twice a week here and have tried evrything on the menu. It is part Thai and part Chinese.

Very affordable and a very nice place to visit. Upscale food and restaurant at fast food prices.

Great place to meet friends and family. Carry-out is available, too.

1  Thank tutorturtle