“The best of the best”

Ranked #16 of 48 Restaurants in Darien
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I went there last week for my nephew's birthday party. I have been to many Japanese sushi restaurants, but this one is by far the best. My favorite is the TNT roll, I mean, it was the bomb!

There are newer reviews for Aodake Sushi and Hibachi

Reviewed May 21, 2013

large sushi roles-generous with the seafood and delicious! I recommend making a reservation, it does not have a large seating area.

1  Thank kskbtvkcfamily
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Had a Groupon, so decided to try this place out. Kind of a hole in the wall type of restaurant; hidden in next to PetSmart and Home Depot in a strip mall. We had a regular table, but you can sit around a hibachi grill also. I think there were three of them? So that would be great for a large group.

Service was a bit mixed. We had two different servers. One of them took our order, but then the same one came back later and asked if we had been helped. Sushi was good, but takes a while to get your food.

Would probably go back again if I scored another Groupon. :)

Reviewed September 7, 2012

I went there last night, not only was the food completely soaked in sauce (got Hibachi) it was also VERY salty. And when you pay $15 for a lobster tail, there should be some lobster IN the tail right? WOW... complete rip off. DO NOT get the lobster, there was MAYBE 5-6 PIECES inside of the tail. Total bill was $113 and I left there mad that I had to pay that for such crappy food. If you want GOOD food, go to Fuji in Orland Park - 20 times better than this place!

Reviewed June 7, 2012

I have been to Aodake various times and the food is great. I love sitting by the habachi grill to see the chefs cook the meal in front of you and do their cooking show in front of you. They flip eggs and it falls in their pocket or on top of their hat, they twirl knives and spatulas and make huge fires where you think the place is going to burn down but it doesn't. It is very enjoyable. I suggest you have either early dinner or a late dinner because it gets really crowded and their reservation system is a little off. You can call them to tell them you are on your way but you might still have to wait. One time I went and I had to leave because the wait was 40 minutes long. I obviously went back another time because it is worth it. I recommend this place. My 9 year old son loves going to this restaurant.