“The room was clean and very satisfactory for our stay. The...”

Danville Days Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Danville
Reviewed October 22, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed here one night for a high school reunion. The room was a bit shabby but clean. Air conditioning worked great. The check in was fast and efficient. And I got a call later that night asking if I needed anything. The water pressure in the shower was excellent. I didn't eat breakfast there so I can't comment on that. All in all, it was an adequate, clean and pleasant place to stay. Also, there is an attached bar that had entertainment.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 14, 2013

My fiancé stayed here for his bachelor party. After I came so we won't waste our money, I noticed the cold water in the bathtub leaks, even with the hot on! The side of the wall in.shower/tub had a big long black line. We were on first floor and heard traffic, with the pool fence near us. Night will be a different story

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed here late August, only because all the other hotels were booked, and we needed a place to stay. This was a depressing experience. The clerk at check-in was okay, after giving her my best Southern greeting. But another staff member came into the office while we were at the desk, and she didn't speak to us, or even look up, as if we were invisible. Bathroom had torn wallpaper, and was basically gross. After a long day on the road, we elected to try the restaurant in the building. Big mistake. The server was nice enough, but it took our food 20-25 minutes or better to get to us. We finally realized she was taking care of the tables (only a couple of others there while we were), the bar, and the kitchen, as well. And it was expensive for 2 sandwiches. Since we had another poor experience with Danville while traveling last year, we are going to find an alternative route, so we can avoid it altogether.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I had stayed here several years ago and it was excellent. I chose this motel rather than the myriad of motels off the Lynch Road exit so that I would be closer to town. Check-in took awhile because the person ahead of me apparently had some issues. Everything was in order.

Upon entering the room I noticed that it was dark and a couple of light bulbs were out. I didn't call because I was only going to shower, dress and leave, and was only staying one night. The hair dryer was hanging on the wall by one wire, and you had to be careful not to pull it out of the wall. It wasn't plugged in. When I did, the outlet was pushed into the dryway. One of the outlets didn't work.

There was no information in the room as to the time of breakfast, amentiies, etc.

The shower wasn't particular clean, although I think housekeeping got it as clean as it was going to get due to several scratches and etchings in the tub. The water pressure was good. The toilet seat was loose. I plugged in the charger to my cell phone to yet another outlet, and while it indicated it was charging it didn't. There were several places along the walls where it was apparent that other outlets were covered by a plastic plate screwed into the wall.

No dusting had occurred in awhile, since the edges of the dresser doors were dusty.

The TV was fine, although there was only one very small spot where the remote could be pointed to turn on the TV or change channels and volume.

The next morning I discovered that the soda I had placed in the refrigerator had frozen - right after I opened one and it spewed all over my hair and clothing. When I opened the refrigerator to see where the temp was set, I noticed a single wire hanging down into the food compartment (I hadn't seen it the night before). I paid for the "business class" room so that I would have a refrigerator. I ended up paying a few more bucks and having a few less cold drinks. I could have saved the extra money.

The walls are very thin. There was a group who apparently had booked a few rooms together and there was laughing and screeching until around 4:30 a.m. Sleep was next to impossible. The quality of the bed was good.

The air conditioner ran for about a minute and then stopped. 30 seconds later it started up again and then repeated this cycle. It was a bit noisy when it ran, but it wouldn't have been such a big deal without the starts and stops. It was almost 90 degrees outside, so the "on and off" cycle was constant.

The breakfast was mediocre. The sign at the front desk indicated that there were waffles, etc. I had assumed that the waffles would be the 'bake it yourself" variety, but they were the previously frozen kind to put in the toaster. The juice was warm and most of the ice cooling the chilled foods had melted. There was no attendant present. I ate an English muffin. I was scared to try anything that had required refrigeration.

When I checked out, I mentioned the electrical issues since I thought those were the kinds of things the next person wouldn't enjoy dealing with. The front desk clerk sighed and began to make a list. I got the impression she had heard this all before.

In summary, there needs to be some work done here. In addition to the reasons listed above, I chose the motel because I had listened to bands there when I was in college (albeit quite some time ago), and thought it would be fun. The location and layout have a lot going for it, and I hope someone heeds the suggestions before it's torn down and becomes another vacant street corner in Danville.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo