I stayed at this hotel because it was the cheapest hotel I could find within a 1 hour radius of Champaign during the UIUC graduation weekend. I was not impressed with it, but I would not say it was dangerous or dirty either. Average with need of an update seems to be the perfect description. I would probably chose a different hotel to stay in if the prices were the same, but considering this hotel was less then half the rate of other hotels, it served the purpose I needed it to. Below are a list of some of the good and bad points of this hotel.
Good: Wifi signal in rooms was good, parking was easy, front desk staff was very nice and the continental breakfast was pretty good. Also, the LCD TV in the room did get a lot of channels including some in HD.
Bad: The whole hotel is horribly outdated. I would guess it hasn't been renovated since the late 80's or early 90's. The bed was not very comfortable, the sheets for the bed look like they had been shrunk so they did not fit the bed properly and the pillows were some of the worst pillows I've had in a hotel room. The tub did not drain well so you had to stand in water while showering and while the TV was newer, it was a regular LCD TV with no extra services and no one had bothered to delete channels that did not come in properly. Also, there was a lack of usable electrical outlets in the room (only 2). Lastly the walls seemed very thin and we heard just about everything our neighbors were saying.
If you stay here because it's cheap and you just need a place to sleep it will work just fine for you. If you are staying in the area for any other reason I would advice looking for another place to say. I would have liked to rate this a 2.5 star, but since I can't I decided to go with a 2 star since I believe it's a bit below the average hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Danville Days Inn Hotel and Conference Center. Located off Highways 1 and 136, our hotel near Lake Vermillion offers unbeatable comfort and convenience. Enjoy the convenience of our onsite restaurant, After Hours Bar & Grill. Start each morning with a free Daybreak breakfast and use free WiFi. Take advantage of conveniences like 24-hour front desk, laundry facilities, and valet services. Wrap-up your work at our business center then enjoy our onsite bar and restaurant. Cool off with a swim in our seasonal outdoor pool or work out in our onsite fitness center. We offer a game room with a pool table, dart board, and a jukebox. Jacuzzi suites are available. We are within walking distance of many popular attractions, including David S. Palmer Arena, where you can skate or catch a hockey or curling match. Learn about the history of the region at the Vermilion County Museum and the Vermilion County War Museum. Enjoy tennis at the Danville Tennis Center or golf at the Harrison Park Golf Course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Danville Days Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn And Conference Center Danville
- Days Inn & Conference Center Danville Hotel Danville
- Days Inn Danville
- Danville Days Inn