“Bad Comfort”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Danville
Reviewed August 8, 2011

I have stayed at several Comfort Inns and other Choice brands, so I had little question about staying at another one on our recent family trip. We had a good room rate, so I booked.
While the issues were not in the disaster category, they did show a distinct lack of caring about customer service. I booked a king suite room for 2 adults and 2 children. When we arrived, there were only 2 towels in the bathroom and no linen present in the room for the sofa bed (found the empty plastic container for it though). So I went to the front desk and asked. The desk clerk informed me she would get to it when she could since she was the only one working in the motel at the time (the manager was "off somewhere") and it was her busy time (around 4 PM, but with only 5 cars in the lot, how busy???). She not only had the desk to do, but the laundry as well. I was left with one question - so the only linen in the entire motel for the sofa beds is dirty and in the laundry? Apparently this is a bare-bones operation, no spare linen or towels.
So we went to the pool - no pool towels. So I went back to the front desk and asked. I choose to take the clerk's attitude as joking a bit about me making demands and slowing her doing the other things I asked.
We did get our pool towles about 20 minutes later, and about 30 minutes after that got the towels and linen for the room.
The pool however, had so much chlorine in it that my wife could only swim for 5 minutes. The chlorine smell was so strong it was nearly at choking levels.
Breakfas,t was adequate - quite average for a Comfort Inn. I am glad the motel was not any busier the breakfast area had 5 or 6 tables, and only 2-3 for 4 people. Very small and cramped.
Next time I would pick either the Holiday Inn Express across the street, the Sleep Inn next door, or go 30 minutes down the road to Champaign/Urbana.
The good side - the room was clean.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed July 28, 2011

We were running out of options late at night but feared this was the last lodging we would find before Indianapolis, and the Fairfield Suites next door was full. I have had worse lodging, but not at this chain. It was not exactly dirty but everything appeared badly worn, including the staff.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 27, 2009

This was my first stay at a Comfort Inn b ut I've stayed at other hotels from this chain.
I was happy they let me check in 4 hrs early, that was unexpected. The lobby was very generic as well as the dining area. My room had a stale feel to it, the decor looked aged but the beds were cozy. The bathroom floor looked as if it was just given the once over, some dirt and grime in corners. The shower was decent and offered good water pressure. Not to much else to say about this place, just an average plain jane hotel.
A few other notes I migt add is try to and get a room upstairs, you can hear every move others make above you if your lower deck I only took a few photos from this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank imsfan
Reviewed September 14, 2009

OK Kids, I've seen better, not too many worse. My advice is the (Award Winning) Sleep Inn, which we will be moving to right next door.
Too many things wrong, no micro/fridge, bathroom was deplorable, wallpaper coming off, plaster falling from ceiling (bring a helmet) , tub was filthy. I'm thankful to know what other Comfort Inns look like, otherwise this would be my first and last stay . They must allow pets as our room smelled like pets and cigarettes. This property could use a major facelift. With so much wrong, I can't wait for breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank beechhouse1
Reviewed September 4, 2009

Being told my room was ready, I went to find my room still filthy from the previous occupant. Came back after my meeting, assured the room had been cleaned, and it hadn't been touched. I don't know if the circus was in town or what, but there was a wild inconsiderate bunch there. Normally I dont hold that against the motel, but I heard a man complain in the lobby and he was told by the manager on duty that she did not want to say anything to this noisy group because they had booked several rooms for an extended stay. So....the rest of us, who weren't disturbing the other patrons didn't matter at all. The desk staff that checked me in was more considerate. Honestly if I'd heard the manager say that on my first day instead of the day I was leaving, I would not have stayed at all. Location is handy to the interstate, but only one restaurant immediately by it, kind of out of town a bit. Beds are hard but rooms seemed fairly clean, once they got to them. Not worth it overall.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank mymustang
Reviewed May 25, 2009

I was leary of staying here because of the reviews but it was reasonable, and we took a chance. I made reservation 3 weeks in advance, I reserved a king suite, but instead they gave us a queen, and gave us a few dollars only for the difference, after I remarked that we had paid for a king. We just made the best of it. We were in town for our son's wedding so I had others things to stress about!
The bath was extremely small especially trying to get ready for a wedding. It was just dirty in general, but the worst was the ALL the switches an knobs, GROSS covered with grime and the windows so dirty like they had not been cleaned since the building was built. I glad I took my Lysol with me, I cleaned everything before we unpacked.
You see I work in housekeeping myself and I know what is acceptable. Honestly, the whole town could use some lessons on what clean is! Also skip the breakfast it is not worth it!

Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bonba
Reviewed February 20, 2009

This hotel did not disappoint the rooms were clean and very comfortable, the pool was nice and well maintained and the breakfast was great, fresh doughnuts, hardboiled eggs ceral, fruit waffles, juice and milk plus other stuff, the only complaint is there is not much stuff around it, but everything is just a shory drive away

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family