“Sleepable, but..........Scary”

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Danville
Canton, Ohio, United States
“Sleepable, but..........Scary”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Booked a room here through Priceline, which is always an adventure. They put us up in a room with a king size bed which wreaked of mildew. The front desk was very apologetic and immediately relocated us to a room on the first floor witch had an outside entrance like a Motel 6. The second room was clean and "sleepable" but we felt as if we needed to walk around with our shoes on. The toilet wouldn't stop running and the continental breakfast was suspect.

I guess if I have to book on my own, I would definitely not choose here. I think they have attempted to do some remodeling to cover up some serious issues.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Air Conditioner was missing the control knobs. I went to take a shower in the morning and there was used soap in the corner of the shower; made me wonder if they even cleaned the shower?? Then went to fix a pot of coffee and poured the water in the top and there was something floating in the fill tank of the coffee maker. Someone had left their rolling papers.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Danville hotels

High Point, North Carolina
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed here one night in a trip from NC to Iowa. We had made reservations before we left.

We arrived around 8pm and check in was nice and fast. The lady at the desk was friendly and answered all my questions about checkout time, etc.

This hotel was off of 74 and mostly had other hotels around it. There was one gas station across the street and a Big Boy restaurant. I didn't see much else at this location.

This hotel has a nice indoor pool. We didn't use it but it looked well kept.

The bottom floor rooms open up to the outside. The second floor rooms are all inside. We had a second floor room.

The whole place was really clean. The room was great. We had a non smoking king bed room. The room w very clean and nice. The bed slept well. The room had a microwave and mini fridge. These worked well. The room had a recliner that sit good and a nice work desk.

The sink/vanity area day separate from the bathroom. There was only one sink but that worked fine for 2 people.

The bathroom was clean and the shower was super. The water pressure was good and the hot water plentiful. The rain like shower head was awesome.

The TV worked fine. It was a flat screen. The remote worked fine. This room also had a laptop desk for your lap. It was nice.

The Internet was fast and quick to connect. I had no issues while using it.

We did not eat the continental breakfast so I cannot comment on that but it didn't look like they had much space for any hot items.

The in room coffee maker fine. The we're plenty of outlets for plugging in your electronics.

AC worked great also. It was a side unit but was fine.

The area seemed pretty safe. Not much at this location but seemed safe.

Check out was quick and fast. Checkout lady was very friendly.

I was certainly recommend this hotel. We had no issues and everyone was friendly and the room was great!

• Stayed June 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Have stayed here previously and wrote great review...this time not the same. Our room could not compare with the rooms we have had on previous visits....this time the room was in definite need of repair - ceiling especially and the tub needed a good scrubbing. Also the sheets looked like they had been slept in before we got there...........Tried to get a soda out of the vending machines - they were all out of soda.....but, the staff is wonderful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Ohio City, Ohio
Reviewed April 11, 2013

i was passing trow town and it was late and i had to make one stop for night and get some rest and first i called to make reservation and front desk was very helpful and i told front desk that i am driving so i have to stop and give my information but front desk was nice and told me no need to worry just took my name and when i arrived they had my room and by the looking at parking lot it was looking busy but i had my room. i went in room and got surprised by clean room. spotless i actually loved the clean bed sheet bathroom and rest. i like to take shower for long time and i still had hot water for 45min strait. i would recommend travelers like me to stay this place. i am defiantly be back when i am passing throw.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I was in town for a short time and ended up making reservations at Best Western on East Gate. The staff was friendly, courteous and helpful. I would definitely stay again the rooms were clean and the hallway leading to room was fresh also and the hot water stayed hot for extended showers which was great.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Shante_615
Ramrock, Manager at Best Western Regency Inn, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Miss Sexton,

My staff and i would like to thank you for your kind words and a great review. I am glad to see that you have enjoyed your stay at the Best Western Family! We know you have many options and we are honored to have you as a guest and greatly appreciate your business. We also appreciate you for taking the time out to give us comments and sharing your thoughts. We love seeing them and it encourage us to do more. If you are in this area do come back and stay with us.

If we can be of any assistance do not hesitate to contact us directly at 217.446-2111. Thank you for your time and patronage.

Nick Patel
Manager
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Recently stayed at the BW Regency, booked on Hotwire. Was not expecting a lot based on reviews I had seen, but the inn was very good. Service was outstanding, room was large, quiet and well equipped - only problem, bathroom door would not stay open. Breakfast was better than average. The staff is really working hard to insure a good stay. Only one restaurant close and I had an OK meal there. However, the the BW Regency is a solid choice for an overnight in Danville.

Room Tip: Ask for room on 2nd floor corridor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business