“Best in Danville”

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Danville
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Best in Danville”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Wonderful! Easy to get to and the staff was friendly and accomodating. The reason we liked the Regency better than the Riverside is the updated look and furnishing - And, as far as Danville goes, the two Best Westerns are the best Danville has. They are both clean!!!! We have no complaints. We have stayed at 3 other Lynch Road properties in the past and they were not cool - the Best Western Regency is by far the best of the Lynch Road properties ---

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Charleston, WV
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Nice large room with a better than average a/c unit and an updated bathroom. Bed was firm with a plush pillow top - excellent quality and we slept well. Carpet was a bit run down but overall the room seemed in good repair. Breakfast was better than expected for a standard Best Western. Our room was very quiet - we didn't hear a thing all night, definitely not the train mentioned in some of the reviews. Location was convenient for us as we were travelling through and the hotel is only a minute or two off the interstate and the sign is clearly visible.

All in all, a good night's lodging for the price.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We basically took refuge here due to a severe thunderstorm in the area. For the price ($93) it did not deliver. The room though was clean, beds were average and the TV worked. The breakfeast was run of the mill (actually expected) but the service person did her best to keep everything stock piled. One good thing if you like Hoagies, they make fressh ones at the gas station and are darn good. I'd say in a pinch, OK, but there is better in the area for the same price.

1 Thank GeorgeO1
BWREGENCYGM, General Manager at Best Western Regency Inn, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear GeorgeO1,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete a review regarding your stay. I am sorry for any inconvenience you had experienced during your stay. My staff and I take all comments/suggestions seriously and I am using your feedback for staff retraining.

If you would like to contact me either by phone (217.446.2111) or by email (samirnaik@bwregencyinn.com), I would like to make things right. I would like to apologize in person for the issues you had experienced.

I would like to thank you again for the stay and I am sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

Samir Naik
Indiana
Reviewed February 5, 2012

We booked this hotel for a weekend jacuzzi suite get a way. We like to to do this once in while. Based upon the reviews, I was not expecting this to be as nice as it was. Since it was Superbowl weekend, it was impossible to find anything within a couple of hours of Indianapolis that was not already booked. We arrived, had a very quick check in, and was offered a late check out without even asking. The room was on the second floor, was updated with nice decor ( except for the old tv), comfortable bed with pillow top mattress, and a corner jacuzzi tub. The bathroom was rather standard for an older hotel, but clean with a new rain type shower head. We did not hear the train that others had complained about until the mid morning, so either we did not notice it at night, or none went through the area at night. We did check out the pool area, and noticed the hot tub was out of order. Several children seemed to be having a great time in the pool. Breakfast was rather good, with very fresh pastries and a tasty scrambled egg, bacon potato dish. Not as large of a breakfast selection as other hotels, but still quite good for what was offered. Free wifi in the room was a plus. All in all, a good price for the room and a nice get a way. We will be back some time.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Terrie P
Reviewed November 14, 2011

We stayed the weekend for the Illinois-Michigan football game and found the hotel to be clean and quiet! Breakfast was typical, mostly carb based with little fruit choice. Good value and would stay again! Budget-friendly!

• Stayed November 2011
3 Thank Hayhay023
VA
Reviewed July 29, 2011

The bed was comfortable, the internet was fast, the lighting was good. But four days after checking out we got a notice in the mail that our credit card had been charged for an item missing from the room. We knew that we did not take anything from the room. Since this was a decorative item, we could not even recall if this item was ever in the room. The owner eventually removed the charge, but there is clearly a problem with their record keeping. Until the problem is corrected, I do not feel that I can recommend this hotel.

The owner also suggested that guests take pictures of the room. It can't hurt, but it also can't prove that something was never in the room. It just shows that it is not in the picture. He also said that guests should call immediately if something seems to be missing. But he then went on to say that even then guests would be charged if the hotel records indicate that the item was in the room when the guest checked in. Perhaps guests need x-ray glasses to check out the room before unlocking the door!

1 Thank ammerammer
BWREGENCYGM, General Manager at Best Western Regency Inn, responded to this review, August 16, 2011
Dear Ammerammer,

I would like to thank you for recent stay with us. I would like to say that I am sorry for the inconvenience you had experienced with charges after you had checked out.

After our conversation, I used your comments and suggestions to discuss with my staff the importance of customer care and satisfaction. We have implanted new procedures that include redundancy to prevent anything like this to occur again.

Per our many conversations, I would again like to say that I am sorry. My staff and I will try harder to take care of you the next time you are in Danville.

We did refund the amount immediately and provided you with additional compensation. I hope you had received them.

I would like to thank you for your time and patronage. I hope you will give my staff and I the opportunity to take care of you the next time you are in Danville.

Best regards,
Samir Naik

Travelers are raving about these Danville hotels

Shelbyville, Indiana
Reviewed July 24, 2011

I'm just gonna be short and not so sweet! Don't waste your money here, seek an alternate hotel nearby. We booked a King jacuzzi suite and was very disappointed, the joint seemed run down, and no signs of preventive maintenance.

PROS:
Early check-in
Location

CONS:
Jacuzzi was missing power button and fixtures needing tightned, caulk missing around tiles.
Ice machine busted, office handing out quart size bags of ice upon request.
Matress needs replaced, you can feel every spring.
Train horns blowing through the night
Staff seems unknowldged about the building
No signs of preventive maintenance
1st floor rooms are accessed from the outside, the entry doors seem unsecure.

Room Tip: Be sure to request a room on second floor! The lower floor rooms are accessed from the outside