“Nice Place”

Best Western Riverside Inn
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Danville
Reviewed January 21, 2014

If you do not want to stay on the other side of town this place is very nice. The beds are great and the bedding is much better than the Best-western on Eastgate. The Staff is always friendly and concerned if my stay was good.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed January 10, 2014

updated clean very pleasant not much to choose fromand this would be the best bet in Danville Illinois staff is friendly , new linens and beds, breakfast is ok, but something is better than nothing. small quaint , the manager Samir is very helpful and having workers there in and out weekly I feel confident that the hotel will take care of them, I guess there is areason we are Diamond members best western is up and coming and I would recommend to anyone whom asks, they are surpassing Holiday Inn by a long shot... kudos keep up the renovations best western.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We have stayed at the Best Western on Gilbert St. many times over the years while visiting family in the area. This year the positive changes were notable. The new mattresses are really comfortable - not too soft, and the room decor has been updated. There are plenty of choices for a quick breakfast and the staff is very friendly. We appreciate the free WiFi.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

We had a one night stay recently due to power outages after a storm. The room was clean and comfortable. The one thing that was a problem for us was the height of the beds (way too high). My mother is elderly and was unable to get up into the bed. We asked for a step stool but they did not have one. We were told at check out that they will be going through a complete remodel soon and that the height of the beds will be lowered by 2 inches. The staff was great. Definitely need more seating in the breakfast area (which we were told they are adding at the remodel). No elevator to the second floor. It was difficult for my elderly mother to climb the stairs to the second floor.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

This was the best staff I've ever experienced. All were stellar. They bent over backward to make our stay as comfortable as possible. We felt only the lack of a microwave in my room, otherwise everything was great.

2  Thank Jane B
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We traveled to Danville for a high school reunion, and booked this hotel. When we arrived, I worried about our room being the first at the top of the stairs because I am easy to wake up. I also like a comfortable bed, which many hotels lack. Our room was quiet and the bed was fantastic with lots of pillows for any need. Other reviews mentioned the furniture being dated, but I didn't notice that so perhaps they worked on that. We ate one breakfast there and it was ok. The breakfast area could use more seating, we had to sit at the couch. The waffle iron wasn't working. I would definitely return here, as I don't rely much on continental breakfasts when I can get a great omelet somewhere else!

Room Tip: I did not use any fitness equipment while there. We had a room with a window to the back, and a vie...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jan M
Reviewed October 16, 2013

This hotel has the same furniture it had twenty years ago and it's breakfasts have gone down hill. The room we had this time was noisy because of the air conditioner above us. It would sound like a wash machine while running. The furniture needs to be updated. Bath Room was updated. THE ROOM WAS CLEAN!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Grandmajungle
BWRIVERSIDE, General Manager at Best Western Riverside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Hello Grandmajungle,

I would like to thank you for feedback from your most recent stay with us. I can assure you we are using your feedback to help us improve in guest comfort and satisfaction. I would like to assure you that over the course of the next few years we are renovating the hotel to a more modern décor.

I hope you will give my staff and I another opportunity to serve your hospitality needs the next time you're in Danville.