“Definitely not a 5 star”

Best Western Riverside Inn
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Danville
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Dead bugs around,they didn't replenish the continental breakfast items. We had to hunt down our own forks.Our room was to be for 4, but there were only enough, towel, washclothes, shampoo, etc. for 2. They said they would bring them up, but never did. We had to go get them. The ice machine on our floor didn't work.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
BWRIVERSIDE, General Manager at Best Western Riverside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear Cyndeetrek,

I would like to thank you for your recent stay with us. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you had experienced during your stay.

My staff and I would like to say that we are sorry we did not meet your expectations. I would like to personally apologize and correct this issue. We want to ensure every guest is satisfied when they check out.

I hope you may contact me so that I can make things right. I can be reached directly at 217.431.0020 or by email samirnaik@bestwesternriverside.com.

I am again very sorry and I hope to speak to you soon. Thank you for your time.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

My husband and I spent one night here while on our way to Indiana for a vacation and had few complaints. We asked for a non-smoking room, and that is what we got. However, the lobby area smelled strongly of cinnamon, which we suspect was a candle or air freshener used to cover up cigarette smoke. The hotel is conveniently located to downtown and the interstate. It's on a busy street, but our room was quiet. The bed was comfortable, and the room was clean. The breakfast was very basic and offered some variety, including hot foods like eggs and sausage links, plus sugary cereal and breads, and yogurt. I would have liked to have had some fresh fruit and more nutritious cereals and breads.The free wifi worked well, and the staff was friendly, though very young. Management might consider training their staff on the location of local restaurants. The gal who checked us in sent us in the wrong direction to a local restaurant. Our GPS saved the day!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear IowaIndigoGirl,

I would like to thank you for your kind words. My staff and I are humbled by our comments. We are continuously looking for ways in which we can improve our customer care and satisfaction. My staff and I are actively seeking new solutions to the eggs and other breakfast items we serve.

My staff and I look forward to having your as our guest during your future stay in Danville. If I can be of any assistance do not hesitate to contact me directly at 217-431-0020 or by email at samirnaik@bestwesternriversideinn.com.

Thank you for your patronage.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

We ordered a non smoking room. It was non smoking, but it was in with all the smoking rooms. :Our room smelled so strong of smoke we both had trouble breathing. We also had a suite but it only had one chair, and one hand towel. Also the coffee maker didn't work. We have stayed in much better places a lot cheaper .

Room Tip: ask for all non smoking motel
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank earl l
BWRIVERSIDE, General Manager at Best Western Riverside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2012

Dear Earl l,

I am very sorry for the inconvenience you had experienced during your stay. My staff and I take every comment and suggestion seriously. We have taken corrective action. Our property does have only 2 smoking rooms and they are isolated to one section/floor of the hotel. We have inspected the room and deep cleaned it. Unfortunely we cannot control the actions of our previous guest who may smoked in the room; my staff and I have strict policies in regards to smoking in non-smoking rooms. The room you had mentioned is our suite, which has a 3 seat sofa and has writing desk with desk chair.

I have reached out to you regarding your stay so that we may make it right. I can be reached directly by email (samirnaik@bestwesternriversideinn.com) or by phone at 217.431.0020. My staff and I try to achieve highest level of customer care and satisfaction with our guest. We failed to achieve this with you and for that I am truly sorry.

Thank you for your time.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

My son and I had Park Hopping in Danville, IL and nearby towns and counties. We chose to stay at Best Western Hotel Riverside Inn. Warm and pleasant staff, free wifi, affordable price, buffet breakfast included, with swimming pool and the place is so clean! I will choose Best Western again on our next trip.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
BWRIVERSIDE, General Manager at Best Western Riverside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Hello Lodi5954,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such nice things about our hotel! We are happy that you felt at home during your stay and we cannot wait to welcome you back! Please reach out to us during your stay as we would love to thank you personally. My staff and I look forward to having you back as our guest.

Thanks again!

Best Western Riverside Inn

Reviewed July 23, 2012

The good things.. staff was helpful, bed was very comfortable (got the deluxe linen option), and the pool was nice.

The okay things..the hotel is showing its age, and so the hallways and room shows wear. Still not a show stopper at all.

The bad...a huge stain on one of the occasional chairs that made us question the cleanliness of everything else. this was room 103 I think.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We specified a no smoking room, upon arrival we were sent to a second floor room that clearly WAS a smoking room, it smelled like old cigars. It was so bad I went back to the desk to ask for another room, had to ask twice because the clerk just wanted to come up and spray it. Wouldnt directly answer when I asked if it was a smoking room. We were given the room right next door- I think it also was a smoking room but at least didnt smell as bad.
We had an early departure the next morning but couldnt sleep as the A/C kept cutting out. It would not cool; cooling would come on then cut off after 20 seconds or so. We had it set on 60 F and maximum fan and it kept shutting off, I called to complain and nothing happened, I then went down to complain and the clerk said she'd 'reset' it from there. It dawned on me- they had the A/Cs in this hotel controlled from the front desk, apparently to save on their electric bill. It then ran as expected.
No other major complaint, it was a quiet location. The guy on duty at breakfast the next morning was what I call a 'breakfast nazi.' Kept watching us and scowled at my son when he got seconds. I really wouldnt stay there again but none of this was that big a deal..

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
BWRIVERSIDE, General Manager at Best Western Riverside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Dear Mike M,

I would like to thank you for your recent stay with us at the BEST WESTERN Riverside Inn in Danville. I would like to take this time to apologize for the inconvenience you had experienced during your stay.

I would like to say that I am very sorry for the negative experience you had during your stay. The issues presented in your review, do not normally reflect my staff. I am again very sorry for the inconvenience.

If you would like to contact me either by phone or email (samirnaik@bestwesternriversideinn.com) so that I may apologize and correct these issues.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

It was sooo hot! We drove all day, checked in and hit the pool! Wonderful- felt so much better. This is a clean, comfortable and reasonable hotel. We have stayed here probably 3-4 times on the way to Savannah and it's been good every time. The breakfast is nothing fancy, but it gets you going down the road. Beds are comfy and you can walk to the Mexican restaurant up the street, there is also a Mc Donald's next door. Our room was on that side and we heard nothing, it was very quiet. It not fancy or trendy, but it's clean, safe, and a very good value. The staff was friendly, and Justin my review is legitimate- in an area where most hotel rooms are over $100 you are not going to a better deal than this .

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
BWRIVERSIDE, General Manager at Best Western Riverside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Dear Camsyn,

My staff and I would like to thank you for your recent stay with us. It was a pleasure having you as our guest. My staff and I are humbled by your comments. We are continuously focused on improving our hotel and customer satisfaction.

We would again like to thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again the next time you are in Danville.