“50-50”
Review of Big Boy - CLOSED

Big Boy
Reviewed November 19, 2013

On the last night of our fall road trip, we ended up in Danville for the night. After having a couple cocktails in our hotel room, not finding much else in this area except for fast food places, we opted to walk over to the Big Boy restaurant. It was nothing special in appearance, atmosphere or service which should have been a warning sign. I had the "chicken fried steak" dinner. The "steak" tasted off, the green beans were stemmy, hard & almost tasteless but the mashed potatoes & gravy were good. My husband's patty melt & fries were good. We knew this wouldn't be a gourmet meal but I expected some good comfort food. By morning, I was having some stomach issues that I think were a result of my meal. Doubt that I'll go back for more...........

Reviewed September 18, 2013

This was a sad excuse for a Big Boy restaurant which is sad to say about such a great franchise. I will never eat here again.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I know this IS a burger place but here is little on the menu besides burgers and chicken. All three salads offered had chicken. I asked about the country fried steak and was informed it was a "chicken-fried" hamburger patty. I had the pot roast, not bad. There were no prices listed for beverages like soda, on one menu it stated to ask the price for a shake. I don't want to ask the prices for standard items and always wonder if everyone is being charged the same or does it depend on if the server likes you or not. Really the price of a soda is not something that fluctuates much with the market.............it is not lobster or seasonal!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

The location was great, next to all the hotels. The only negative was slow service..but the food was very good.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Because it is close to the hotels, I have talked myself into eating here not once but twice. Staff is unsupervised and disorderly, loud, an the possible manager used inappropiate language on her personal phone while we waited to pay. Our waitress was truely the one person in the place who had it together which I appreciated. Perhaps she was newly hired.

Food quality was below average for this style of eating establishment.