“Fresh and Tasty”

Rich's Deluxe Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 83 Restaurants in Danville
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Danville, Il
“Fresh and Tasty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

I have now visited this new restaurant a few times and each time it has been a very pleasant experience with great food. I've had a different dish each time and each one was excellent and the prices are affordable. The salad bar is fresh and clean, the service is very good and I love the option of outdoor seating when the weather is nice. The fancy "garage door" concept is novel for Danville, IL. This restaurant is upscale in taste and service but quite affordable. I will be a regular.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank saucitart

Sutherlin, Oregon
“HORRID FOOD!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed in Danville, to visit a close friend. We ate dinner at the Deluxe. The staff was very nice. But...our food I wouldn't feed to a dog. We ordered crab cakes as an appetizer. They smelled awful and tasted the same. Out of three, two and a half were left on the plate. For the main course, my husband had Eggplant Parmesan, of which he could only tolerate a few bites. I had Veal Marsala...so they called it. Thank goodness I had it with pasta, which I ate. The veal was a patty, not a cut. I had one bite and I had my husband try a piece. We agreed that It was the worst veal either of us had ever had, and it too remained on the plate unbeaten. I was a bit surprised that none of the staff noticed or asked us if we enjoyed our meals.

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank Jan B
“Amazing new place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

I was at Rich's Deluxe with my family the other night and the food was amazing. I had a pasta dish and i loved it! The prices Are definately affordable amd you get a lot for the money. We also had a very good waitress. I cant wait to go back in and i recommend that everyone tries it!!

• Visited August 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best pasta in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Clean place
Great food
Fresh salad bar (the best in town)
Friendly staff
Good music................................

• Visited July 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food good service but needs improvements in other areas”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

During my visit I ordered a $20+ steak, which was excellent. However my baked potato was served with plastic containers of sour cream and butter and my wife's Salmon came with a little plastic container of tarter sauce. Very tacky for how expensive some of the food is. If I'm paying $50 for a meal for 2 in one of Danvilles few upscale restaurants I do not want anything served to me in plastic. Also the hostess who appeared to be the owners wife or family just threw the menus down not even facing the right direction and walked away. Then I overheard the younger lady who looks like family being rude to one of the waitresses and I did not like that. Also she sort of prances around the restaurant in a very unfriendly, unapproachable manner and I have heard her talk to the waitresses in a degrading way. Not impressed at all with the owners/management. I will return because the food is great and service better than most other places in town but they must work on basic things. Maybe washable containers for butter and sauces not cheap plastic. It would be nice to be able to get a good drink at the bar but it's mostly wine or beer which is unfortunate. They are missing out on a huge area of profit by not offering more cocktails, martinis, etc. Overall good place but they need to work on some key elements if they want it to be a success in the future and not close down in a year. I'm sure a lot of money was spent remodeling from the old Deluxe and I would hate to see it go to waste and turn into another empty space in downtown Danville.

• Visited August 2013