“Stayed Twice”

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Danville
minnesota
“Stayed Twice”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

On our trip to Washington, this was the best place after one long day of driving both ways. The property is nice, clean and well taken care of. The location is not really close to very many eating establishments. There is a Big Boy across the street, but this was not an options for someone with high blood pressure. WE had to drive all the way to the other side of town to find a decent place to eat. Would I stay here again? Yes, just make sure I eat before I get there.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Danville, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear hjertsjo,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and providing us a candid feedback.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This hotel was very clean! The hotel staff were extremely friendly and hospitable. The breakfast was very good and the rooms were spacious and quiet! Pool and whirlpool were nice as well. The only negative is the location. It is several miles to downtown Danville where all the restaurants are located, but this is the location of all the hotels in this area!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This Holiday Inn Express is nice and clean. Quiet location and friendly staff. Good selection for breakfast in the am. A bit higher priced than some. Restaurants within driving distance. I would stay here again, however the room we had was not ideal. Some sort of "generator" kept clicking on and off about every 10-15 minutes throughout the night. Don't stay in room 221; other than that we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from any noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Alexandria, Minnesota
Reviewed August 14, 2013

The room was clean and quiet, with a great location, the bed was clean and very comfortable. When I checked in the lady was very friendly and I would have no problem staying there again! I did not experience any problems when I was there!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I work for the railroad, I came to Illinois for a week to help out. chose this hotel looked great good envirement, however day one the internet is so slow I can even load online games on the computer, my work websites that I use to go to work I cannot access at all, I have to leave the hotel to get a signal on my phone. so I decide to watch tv. hotel cable goes in and out most of night. so I decide to go to the indoor hot tub and pool. get into the hot tub and turn timer on. the hot tub does not respond. I notify front desk and she informs me that it has been like that for some time. if ur looking for a place where u cant get text, or phone calls or internet like a get away for quiet time this is your place. but for someone like myself that is here to work it isn't meeting the requirements needed. sorry to say but I will be checking out 5 days early and going to another hotel...

Room Tip: choose a different hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Danville, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear cmccord72,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the hotel. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are very sorry you were not so pleased with your recent stay at our hotel and offer our sincere apologies for the poor service and conditions you experienced, which are certainly not up to our usual standards. Please be assured that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests.

We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Brighton, Colorado
Reviewed July 30, 2013

After leaving the Best Western Regency in Danville, I had a choice between Holiday Inn Express or Hampton. Holiday Inn Express was a little less expensive, but as always, you get what you pay for. I had stayed at a Hampton in Ohio the night before (St. Clairsville) and it was wonderful. I probably should have gone to Hampton again.
Checking in took so long, I felt as if I were buying a house. The front desk clerk, Courtney, was nice enough, but could not find my membership in the IHG rewards program, so we had to keep starting over. (I had moved, so the zip code was not the same as my driver's license). She did not give me the internet access code. I got it from another guest who wrote it on the pizza box I was carrying.
The room is large and satisfactory. However, I heard the TV from another guest room the entire evening, the toilet is not secured to the floor, so it rocks and wobbles, and the sink faucet leaks at the base. I could have asked to move, but I did not want to tax Courtney any further.
Next time, I'll choose the Hampton right next door.

Room Tip: Do not choose Room 215. If you get placed there, check to see if the sink faucet and toilet have be...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Fort Worth, TX
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This was a wonderful little surprise in the area! In an area where the other hotels are beginning to look run down and overgrown with weeds, this place is amazingly nice! The interior is nice and clean. Pool was nice place to sit and chat while the kids played. Open windows allowed us to enjoy the breeze. Rooms were nice and clean. Bedclothes were clean and in good shape. Not worn. The fridge was not working well, but wasn't a necessity for our trip anyway.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family