“Helpful Front Desk Staff”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Danville
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Danville
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Clean rooms and commons areas as I've come to expect from HIE. It is right off the interstate but all that is nearby are other hotels. Granted Danville isn't large and luckily the front desk staff was willing to give directions and recommendations for places to eat. Traveled with my 13 yr old nieces and got a room right by the pool which was great. Pool area was clean and no strong chlorine smell though the water was a bit murky. My only real complaint is the "hot tub" was colder than the pool. (I was told there had been a storm the night before when I asked about it.) Breakfast was standard HIE fare - nothing fancy, but a variety of good options. If I'm ever in town again or need a stop just off the highway would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Located just off the eastern interstate exit for Danville, this hotel is convenient although nothing spectacular. We arrived fairly late, after 8:30 p.m., and asked for a non smoking room and were assigned a room on the third floor. Unfortunately, that entire floor reeked strongly of cigarette smoke. We wondered if the floor was normally reserved for smokers. The morning breakfast included some awful prefabricated "omelets" filled with melted cheese food, in addition to more palatable dishes. Not a terrible experience, but not a great one, either.

Room Tip: If requesting a non smoking room, be sure to ask if the rest of the floor is non smoking, too.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Location not so great. It's in the middle of an industrial trucking/shipping area, however access on/off the I-74 is very easy. If you are a weary traveler and want the comforts of home for the night, this will do the deed. Dining options are limited. There is a Big Boy restaurant across the street, but watch the traffic. All other dining is too far to drive in my opinion, especially if you don't know the area. Order in. Back to the hotel...
They've been there 6yrs, but the facility looks brand new. The staff really take care of the place. Rooms are what you expect from a HIExpress, very clean and spacious. My only negative is the insulation around the hotel room doors could be better. Hall way noise always bothers me, and I could hear people talking, walking and letting their door slam. Why do people slam their door, or worse, spin the deadbolt and let the door slam on it? Inconsiderate. I'm venting, sorry. Otherwise, great stay, great hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a wing where there are not many guest already staying. The hallway noise is noticeable.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Always nice, always clean, staff is friendly, and helpful. Pool room seemed very small. "Dining Area" was quite accomodating, when we came in with a PIZZA PARTY! I would recommend this place any day or night of the week.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Very nice, newer hotel indoor pool and hot tub, hot breakfast, it is close to the rail yard, we stayed for three weeks, woke 2-3 times by trians.Third floor does have smoking and non smoking rooms.

Room Tip: Rooms towards front of hotel keeps you from rail yard, third floor does have smoking rooms if your a...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Read some pretty raw reviews for this place on TA, and almost cancelled. I saw a guest outside the hotel and he assured me it was ok. This hotel is in the bottom 1/4 of the HIEs I've stayed at, but all of the components are in place - TV, shower, pillows, internet, etc. The alternatives are 50 miles away so hang in there, it's only a night.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I came to this Holiday Inn Express at 1am March 31 needing a place to stay for the night since I was traveling with two children and I was turned away. I asked why I was being turned away and the lady said she had to do her audits. She said I could come back in an hours. Seriously! I was traveling trying to find a place to sleep and was turned away. I went over to Best Western and let me say I got a room and the beds were like sleeping in a Marriott Hotel. You need a place to stay go to Best Western on E Gate Dr right next to Holiday Inn Express. At least they will not turn you away.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel, they will turn you away
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Danville, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2012

Shawnette43,

Thank you for feedback. I'm sorry to see we were unable to provide accommodations. We hope to have the chance to serve you in the future, and show you how great our hotel is.

Ben J