“I go for the mozzarella burger!”
Review of Gross' Burgers

Gross' Burgers
Ranked #1 of 88 Restaurants in Danville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 20, 2014

The mozzarella burger is a fine sandwich. So is the pizza burger, but it is a bit messy. The garlic salt on the fries is awesome as well. I remember when the place was so small that Mr. Gross needed only to have the grill on to heat the place. Now, with inside seating, it is even nicer. There isn't a bad thing to say about this place. I stop whenever I'm in the area.

1  Thank Starman1959

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Found Gross' Burgers on Tripadvisor preparing for a short trip to Danville, IL. Myself, my wife, and our 14 year old daughter stopped in on a Saturday early evening and were not disappointed. Cheeseburgers were to die for, enough fries to have an extra order, and our daughter had a chocolate shake that she loved, and she knows milk shakes! Price was very reasonable, and it is truly a neat place to sit, eat, and enjoy the atmosphere. A job well done!

Reviewed March 27, 2014

When on the road we always look for a non chain, non fast food place with authentic burgers, shakes and fries.

We were in Danville for a car show and found this place in Westville. Just south of town. The name sounds bad but it was great. Crowded with locals is always a good sign. I'd go back anytime!

Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

Burgers were thin and crispy. I had a double and it was satisfying. I think I could have had a single and it would have been enough. The fries however. Enough for one and enough to share. Just don't go on Sunday as they are closed. So good. I will go again. And to speak to cleanliness. There was a girl wiping down tables. Always depends on who is working

And

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I liked this restaurant but there are definite issues. I asked the girl taking our order how much their beef patties weighed and was told "I don't know" and given the "stinkeye". It appeared that no one was responsible for cleaning tables therefore we had to just pick the "least dirty" table to use. The burgers were outstandingly fresh and VERY rich. After receiving my double cheeseburger, I was surprised to see that it was just meat, cheese, mayo, and bread. My boyfriend asked them for lettuce and tomato for me. They do not have lettuce and tomato. I am from the south, so I guess I have different expectations.

I would estimate that the patties are 1/8-1/4 lb and would suggest the double cheeseburger. Many people love the Pizza burger but I don't even like most pizza because I am not a fan of pizza sauces.

Fries were garlic flavored and delicious.

Banana shake looks and tastes like a banana Laffy Taffy which was disappointing because I love a real banana shake.

1  Thank JenniferMae1974