“Quick,easy, and simple. Just what you need when traveling”

Sleep Inn & Suites Danville
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Danville
Quincy IL
“Quick,easy, and simple. Just what you need when traveling”
Reviewed April 2, 2010

Booked the hotel on expedia. Arrived at 10 pm desk clerk was great and the room was as advertised. Clean and easy to get to. Breakfast was normal continential breakfast, good hot or cold depending on your choice. Quick check out. Beds were good and tv was nice. Lots of hotels in the area but this one was just what we needed.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed March 8, 2010

Stayed here twice in the past six months. Both stays were great - King room w/fridge the first time and 2-Queen suite with fridge/microwave the second time. Hotel is very clean with "no smoking" policy throughout (a major plus.) Service is friendly, beds are very comfortable, rooms are spacious with digital climate control, and breakfast is fresh with many choices (cereal, bagels, toast, pastries, hard-boiled eggs, make-your-own waffles, biscuits and gravy, fruit.) I appreciate the well-lighted grounds, which were nice for taking my dogs out after dark. Location is great, just off the highway in an area of several hotels with a gas station, as well as one or two chain restaurants. (But skip the chain restaurant and drive the five minutes down the highway past the Indiana state line and go to The Beef House off Highway 63 - YUM!) Didn't use pool, but it looked very nice, although small. This is a really nice mid-range hotel and it will continue to be my first choice for lodging whenever I am in Danville.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Illinois
Reviewed February 9, 2010

We were visiting some friends in the area and decided to stay with the Sleep Inn & Suites in Danville, IL.
I did check Tripadvisor before we chose, to be sure there were no major problems. Did notice a few comments below like parties (which would be hard for a hotel to stop all together/this is a people problem), pool smaller in size and mold in shower. Decided we would check it out first before checking in. There are other hotels in the area if we decide to leave.
Well, it was a great experience with the hotel and the staff. Very friendly employees that provided extra service when asking for directions and where to go eat at. Our room was a king size with refrigerator, microwave, flat screen tv and very very clean. We never found any mold. The housekeeping staff care about their job and do it very well.
We didn't use the pool area, but was able to see it from the lobby area. It was beautiful. They said they just renovated it. I wouldn't say it was small either. They had a wrestling team in the hotel and it was able to handle all those kids and parents.
The hotel had some noise from the kids, but at 10pm, the hotel had it under control.
We did hear a few parents returning back to their room that was noisey, but I wouldn't say that was the hotels fault. Adults, should be more considerate.
THIS HOTEL IS TOP RATED IN MY BOOK AND WITH THAT PRICE, AWESOME. WHY WOULDN'T YOU CHOOSE TO STAY THERE!!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
chicago
Reviewed October 1, 2009

I stayed twice at the Danville Sleep Inn in September. The first time I had a queen one-room suite with microwave and fridge, the second time I was in a king with microwave and fridge. Both rooms were clean and well-furnished. The queen suite was particularly spacious and had a dining table. The LG high def flat screen TVs are great. The rooms are all non-smoking so the hotel smells nice, doesn't smell like an ashtray. I used the hotel washer and dryer the first evening, it was fine. I wonder about the prior reviewer's comment about bathroom mold... the bathrooms in my rooms were immaculate, including the shower stall. The hotel has a no-party policy which I appreciate. I didn't go to it, but there's a Big Boy just steps from the hotel and a gas station with limited groceries just a little bit farther. I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank ima_gypsy
Cleveland
Reviewed September 23, 2009

....considering we stayed before at the Comfort Inn next door (see my other review). We were told this was an award winning hotel, i'm not sure which awards, but enough of that. The rooms were so, so at best, the a/c is a little tricky at first, the shower (no bath tub) was of an interesting design, really liked it untill i found it was dirty with mold growing in corners (cleaned it myself not wanting to make the cleaning crew mad that they have to do thier job). Wasn't very impressed by the "hospital bed" style lighting in the rooms. Breakfast was very good, more than we had expected, actually it was the only highpoint of our stay and the only reason they got the second star. All in all a 2 star property, no more, will not stay here next visit to the area. There are other properties here. Only 1 restaurant within walking distance, a Big Boy that wasn't very good.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank beechhouse1
Park Ridge, Illinois
Reviewed June 3, 2009

We've stayed at the Danville Sleep Inn before and really liked it. So we had no problems staying there again when we needed to go back to that area (our son attends college nearby and we go visit him from time to time) Our experiences this latest stay were pretty much the same as our last stay (I'm pretty sure my last review is right below this one) except that this time we had a small "incident". Evidently there was a wedding party staying at the hotel and a few of the guests from the wedding were being loud, moving furniture, etc. A guest on the floor below us called the front desk to complain about the noise these wedding partiers were making above them. The front desk clerk, without even checking, called our room (at 1AM!) and woke us to tell us to keep the noise down! We had been asleep for 3 hours by that time and we were certainly not the ones making noise! (unless my snoring counts) I was livid that she had called and woke us and blamed us for the noise of some other guests and I went down and told her how mad I was. I couldn't believe that she had called us at that hour without even bothering to check to see if we were actually being loud or not and I told her so. The following morning we heard the partiers in the room next door moving the furniture back from their party the night before, pushing beds across the floor and moving chairs through the hall. Ironically, as we checked out, I noticed a sign right on the counter about the hotel's no tolerance policy for parties. I guess it didn't apply on the night we stayed........bummer............There's a Holiday Inn across the street. I guess we'll be giving it a try the next time we're in town............

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Jiminator
Hoopeston, Illinois
Reviewed July 14, 2008

OMGOSH the rooms r huge! and the pool is a little small but it wuz just right, breakfast wuz good and good enployees

• Liked — everythingg
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)