“Best Place to Stay in Danville” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites Danville

Sleep Inn & Suites Danville
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Danville
Memphis
“Best Place to Stay in Danville”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Stayed here while on a business trip. Though it was far from the 'downtown' area, it was a very good hotel. When driving up I was a bit skeptical, but once inside all of my doubts disappeared. The front desk was very helpful when checking in. She went to great lengths to ensure that my membership number was tied to my reservation, and even provided me with a nice welcome bag that included snacks and water.
The room was a nice size. It had a mini fridge and a microwave. It also contained a sitting chair, desk chair and a flat screen mounted on the wall. The bathroom itself was small. The sink was on the outside . It contained a toilet and a walk in shower. Not much room to move around in.

After being in the room for about an hour, I got a call from the manager to ensure that everything was okay with the room. I thought it was a nice touch and what made it even better is how she apologized for not calling earlier.

The breakfast was good, though it could have had more choices.
The room was clean, comfortable and to me probably the best place to stay in the city.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Court18
Dori S, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Danville, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear "Court18", Thanks for letting us know about your recent experience with our hotel and staff. I'm happy that you overcame your reservations and gave us a try! We have recently remodeled the inside of the property and are now working on the outside. I hope you will stay with us again and be just as impressed by improvements to our outside property. We appreciate your business.!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Kennewick, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The hot breakfast was above average with Biscuits, Gravy, waffles and (eggs?). Staff was friendly and helpful. The restaurant across the parking lot, a Big Boy, left quite a bit to be desired, even though there was a 10% discount for hotel guests.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Dori S, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Danville, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Smitty, Thank you for your positive comments about your stay and our staff. It is always encouraging to know we have provided out guests with an excellent stay. Hope we see you again soon.
Aurora, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Hotel is clean, staff is friendly, pool/hot tub area was spotless (only complaint is that there weren't enough towels).

Breakfast was your typical "free" breakfast with cold cereals, oatmeal packets, pastries, breakfast meats, some fresh fruit, yogurt, juice/milk and a waffle maker. Waffle batter ran out (we were there at about 9:30), but it was a busy weekend.

Requested late checkout and got it, which was really nice. Beds are a bit hard for my taste but I like really squishy beds so that's probably just me. Pillows are nice and there's an extra pillow and blanket in the chest of drawers. Bathroom was immaculate. Rooms are surprisingly large and well appointed. Grounds are well maintained.

Location is a bit out of the way from downtown Danville, but it's only about 10-15 minutes by car. There's a restaurant (Big Boy) on property and several other chain hotels right in the same area. Didn't use the TV, internet, or room service so I can't comment on those things.

Overall, it's a clean, friendly, well-maintained hotel. You can't beat that for the price! :^)

Room Tip: We stayed on first floor and heard no noise from above, but our "view" was the parking lot...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for telling us about your experience at Sleep Inn and Suites. It's nice to know we did a good job but we also appreciate your suggestions for improvement. We are always looking for ways to provide a superior stay experience and your feedback helps us to do that. I hope we have an opportunity to serve you again.
Bloomington-Normal, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

This hotel is very comfortable and the staff is excellent. We had an unusual schedule and housekeeping was so accommodating at making up our room to fit our schedule. The breakfasts were excellent and the pool was clean and well maintained. Every member of the staff that we encountered were helpful and friendly. We plan to stay at this hotel many more times in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Dori S, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Danville, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Joelle, Thank you for your positive comments about your stay. My staff and I work hard to provide our guests with a clean, well maintained hotel. We are very encouraged that we provided you with the staff service you expected. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Lakeshore, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for one night in May, 2013 while we attended an appearance of the Duck Dynasty guys. We had booked a non-smoking king suite on line and that's just what we got. The lady that checked us in was friendly and cordial. As a Choice Privelages member I received a welcome gift. The hotel looks new and the rooms, foyer, pool were all updated. The the hotel was very clean and it looked the best of the 4 nearby hotels. Check-in was a breeze. We had a second floor room and it was HUGE. It was very clean and everything worked great. The bed was comfortable and there were a bunch of pillows so you could choose whether you prefer firm or soft pillows. Very nice touch. The staff helped us with cabs and dinner choices. This was the first Sleep Inn and Suites we'd been at and it won't be our last. As for value, we paid $85 for a Saturday night stay.
Hint: there is a Big Boy off the parking lot. It is not affiliated with the hotel in any way. Stay Away! Horrible service, it's filty, and by the look of the buffet, the food is not replenished very often. The patato salad looked crusty. We didn't risk eating there after we saw the buffet and the numerous uncleaned tables.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Dori S, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Danville, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you very much for your generous review of our hotel. We strive for a superior stay experience for every guest staying with us. My staff and I are encouraged that we provided you with such a stay. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Galena Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Champaign hotels sold out..had to look out of town.
This hotel had good reviews ..so I booked.. wasn't disappointed.
Friendly desk switched rooms to let me check in early.

Room was modern, furniture new...everything looked refreshed. Shower was good pressure, clean...no funky caulking. Room advertised on Hotel.com as 2 doubles, but were in fact fulls.Not a big deal..decent breakfast selection..very clean dining and food area. Nice clean and fresh overall...Not Bad!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Fort Wayne, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

This Sleep Inn was recently remodeled and the facilities are excellent! As a diamond member, I usually stay at the Comfort Inn, but the Comfort Inn (next door) had no lights on outside and the place looked like a dump (it was recently downgraded to a Quality Inn). I saw that the Sleep Inn was recently remodeled so I thought I would try it.

I was greeted promptly and the front desk staff were great. The room was wonderful, very spacious and recently remodeled, and they gave me a 1 PM checkout time. When I was leaving, however, I noticed one of the housekeepers on my floor seemed pretty upset and stormed down the stairs. When I got down the elevator she was just in front of me and went over to the front desk to complain. I had to wait several minutes while she let out her steam on the front desk employee.

When I asked about her problem, it seems that one of the rooms was recently remodeled and full of drywall dust. She was upset because one of the other housekeepers was supposed to help her but left early and she had to clean it on her own. That is not the type of information guests need to know.

Other than that, it was a great stay.

• Stayed February 2013