“Good Value & Great Beds”

Sleep Inn & Suites Danville
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Danville
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The hot breakfast was above average with Biscuits, Gravy, waffles and (eggs?). Staff was friendly and helpful. The restaurant across the parking lot, a Big Boy, left quite a bit to be desired, even though there was a 10% discount for hotel guests.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Dori S, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Danville, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear Smitty, Thank you for your positive comments about your stay and our staff. It is always encouraging to know we have provided out guests with an excellent stay. Hope we see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn & Suites Danville

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Hotel is clean, staff is friendly, pool/hot tub area was spotless (only complaint is that there weren't enough towels).

Breakfast was your typical "free" breakfast with cold cereals, oatmeal packets, pastries, breakfast meats, some fresh fruit, yogurt, juice/milk and a waffle maker. Waffle batter ran out (we were there at about 9:30), but it was a busy weekend.

Requested late checkout and got it, which was really nice. Beds are a bit hard for my taste but I like really squishy beds so that's probably just me. Pillows are nice and there's an extra pillow and blanket in the chest of drawers. Bathroom was immaculate. Rooms are surprisingly large and well appointed. Grounds are well maintained.

Location is a bit out of the way from downtown Danville, but it's only about 10-15 minutes by car. There's a restaurant (Big Boy) on property and several other chain hotels right in the same area. Didn't use the TV, internet, or room service so I can't comment on those things.

Overall, it's a clean, friendly, well-maintained hotel. You can't beat that for the price! :^)

Room Tip: We stayed on first floor and heard no noise from above, but our "view" was the parking lot...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for telling us about your experience at Sleep Inn and Suites. It's nice to know we did a good job but we also appreciate your suggestions for improvement. We are always looking for ways to provide a superior stay experience and your feedback helps us to do that. I hope we have an opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

This hotel is very comfortable and the staff is excellent. We had an unusual schedule and housekeeping was so accommodating at making up our room to fit our schedule. The breakfasts were excellent and the pool was clean and well maintained. Every member of the staff that we encountered were helpful and friendly. We plan to stay at this hotel many more times in the future.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Dori S, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Danville, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Dear Joelle, Thank you for your positive comments about your stay. My staff and I work hard to provide our guests with a clean, well maintained hotel. We are very encouraged that we provided you with the staff service you expected. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for one night in May, 2013 while we attended an appearance of the Duck Dynasty guys. We had booked a non-smoking king suite on line and that's just what we got. The lady that checked us in was friendly and cordial. As a Choice Privelages member I received a welcome gift. The hotel looks new and the rooms, foyer, pool were all updated. The the hotel was very clean and it looked the best of the 4 nearby hotels. Check-in was a breeze. We had a second floor room and it was HUGE. It was very clean and everything worked great. The bed was comfortable and there were a bunch of pillows so you could choose whether you prefer firm or soft pillows. Very nice touch. The staff helped us with cabs and dinner choices. This was the first Sleep Inn and Suites we'd been at and it won't be our last. As for value, we paid $85 for a Saturday night stay.
Hint: there is a Big Boy off the parking lot. It is not affiliated with the hotel in any way. Stay Away! Horrible service, it's filty, and by the look of the buffet, the food is not replenished very often. The patato salad looked crusty. We didn't risk eating there after we saw the buffet and the numerous uncleaned tables.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dori S, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Danville, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Thank you very much for your generous review of our hotel. We strive for a superior stay experience for every guest staying with us. My staff and I are encouraged that we provided you with such a stay. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Champaign hotels sold out..had to look out of town.
This hotel had good reviews ..so I booked.. wasn't disappointed.
Friendly desk switched rooms to let me check in early.

Room was modern, furniture new...everything looked refreshed. Shower was good pressure, clean...no funky caulking. Room advertised on Hotel.com as 2 doubles, but were in fact fulls.Not a big deal..decent breakfast selection..very clean dining and food area. Nice clean and fresh overall...Not Bad!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

This Sleep Inn was recently remodeled and the facilities are excellent! As a diamond member, I usually stay at the Comfort Inn, but the Comfort Inn (next door) had no lights on outside and the place looked like a dump (it was recently downgraded to a Quality Inn). I saw that the Sleep Inn was recently remodeled so I thought I would try it.

I was greeted promptly and the front desk staff were great. The room was wonderful, very spacious and recently remodeled, and they gave me a 1 PM checkout time. When I was leaving, however, I noticed one of the housekeepers on my floor seemed pretty upset and stormed down the stairs. When I got down the elevator she was just in front of me and went over to the front desk to complain. I had to wait several minutes while she let out her steam on the front desk employee.

When I asked about her problem, it seems that one of the rooms was recently remodeled and full of drywall dust. She was upset because one of the other housekeepers was supposed to help her but left early and she had to clean it on her own. That is not the type of information guests need to know.

Other than that, it was a great stay.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Made my reservation online and when I went check in they would not honor it. Told me I should have call and to make my the reservation. If you are planning to stay at the Sleep Inn I was told I should have called in make sure I explain why I was staying, because thing had change since last year and they are under new management. In 2013 you have to explain why you are spending your money.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family