“Nice hotel”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Danville
Crest Hill, United States
“Nice hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

This hotel was a good location. the service was great. the room was great. would and have stayed here again and before. definitely would recommend. I don't have anything else to say but have to use 200 characters.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Aurora, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

I travel for work a lot. Mostly to Power Generating Facilities to ensure they are running at their peak performance. I look for the same in my hotel selections. Are they running at their peak performance? Would the employees stay in the very same hotel they operate? I believe that this establishment's employees would not only stay here, they would call this place their "Home away from Home". Keep up the good work. Customer Service is no longer just a slogan on a poster, it's vital to keeping your business a step ahead of the competition and there is competition out there! Roger Aurora, IL

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Somerset, PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

I need to start by saying I am currently a little cranky. I am writing this at 6:57 even though my goal was to sleep in until at least 7:30...and I have already been down for breakfast.

The greeting, appearance and room are all spot on with the Hampton quality I like. However, the internet was horrible. I got connected to it just fine, with my laptop, tablet and phone. The signal strength is great, but the speed? Horrible. I called down at about 8:30pm and was told everything was fine and that I was not hooked up correctly. The lady at the front desk stated she just had to help another guest get hers set up. I travel all the time for business and until four years ago I was in IT. It is not my equipment or my connection that is the issue. It is the speed of the internet that was the problem.

I stayed up later than I usually do to try and get some work done and because of the slow internet speed I was up a lot later than normal. I figured I could sleep in until 7:30 or so. Not. I received a wake up call I did not ask for at 5:45. When I attempted to call the front desk, it rang four times then went to some weird static/faint music. I hung up. The phone rang. Same static/music. By now, I am awake.

Had I been apologized to when I approached the front desk my attitude may be different. Instead, the young lady working the front desk looked at the book and said, "well,...that is what _____ has written down, didn't you ask for a call?". No offense, but if I had, would I be standing there inquiring about it?

The funny thing is, when I drove by the Best Western next door their sign said, "Stay with someone who cares". HA! Had I known. That is the real issue, the people I spoke to, while "polite", they did not seem to care about the job at hand.

I rated the sleep quality as excellent even though I received the wake up call I did not ask for as the bed is very comfortable and had I not received that call, I would have been happy with that.

Room Tip: Ask for an odd numbered room. The even numbers room face a rail crossing 1/8 mile away. That way you...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Lexington, KY, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Friendly, courteous staff. Coffee and cookies at the ready when we checked in (early). Not sure how old the facility is (looked new) but we really enjoyed our stay. Breakfast was great! Only negative is those funky scrambled eggs at the breakfast bar.

Erhard, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

The check-in was a problem as they had the reservation for one night and it was for three nights. We thought it was resolved and I asked her if there was anything else that would be needed but the next day our key wouldn't work. So we went down to the desk and they had us checking out. It was an unsatisfactory exchange at the desk but we got to stay in our room. The bathroom wasn't the cleanest and the elevator was always littered. The breakfast was fine.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

We booked a suite outside of a room block for our son's wedding. The hotel is newer, just off the interstate. A room painter, on his break, greeted us as we pulled up and helped unload a car full of fresh flowers, luggage, gifts, and even helped grandma to the room. Front desk was organized, friendly, and very helpful. The suite was generous, as were the standard rooms, spotless, and the common areas also. Breakfast was served in a lovely, open area off the lobby and was surprisingly hearty and well prepared. Housekeeping helped us throughout the stay with special needs and with a friendly smile. The front desk offered to open the lovely pool area early for a pre-wedding swim. A selection of coffees and teas was always available in the lobby and kept fresh. All in all, a well managed property.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Melissa T, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Danville, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind review! We hope to see you again!

Melissa Taylor
Erlanger, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Up to Hampton standards. Great stay. I never have to worry about clean beds. In the past I have stayed at other hotels and find dirt behind the bed on the bed skirts but I have never found this a problem at a Hampton Inn. They are a little more expensive especially with tax but I don't have to buy breakfast the next day and this also saves time in the morning when we are traveling. We were traveling with my grandchildren this time and the cookies in the lobby at check in is always a hit.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Melissa T, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Danville, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for choosing us! We appreciate you taking the time to give us a review too!

We hope to see you again on your next trip though our area!

Melissa Taylor