“I love Hampton Inns”

Hampton Inn & Suites Danville
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Danville
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Up to Hampton standards. Great stay. I never have to worry about clean beds. In the past I have stayed at other hotels and find dirt behind the bed on the bed skirts but I have never found this a problem at a Hampton Inn. They are a little more expensive especially with tax but I don't have to buy breakfast the next day and this also saves time in the morning when we are traveling. We were traveling with my grandchildren this time and the cookies in the lobby at check in is always a hit.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Melissa T, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Danville, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thank you for choosing us! We appreciate you taking the time to give us a review too!

We hope to see you again on your next trip though our area!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We had never been to Danville and were happy to see they had a Hampton. The staff was very friendly and the room was clean and comfortable. No complaints at all! I really like the idea of the brown bag breakfast on the go too. And one of my favorite things when staying at the Hamptons is speaking to the friendly cleaning staff the morning of checkout. Good people!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Melissa T, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Danville, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review of us! Hampton's breakfast on the go bags are always a hit with our guests! We are lucky to have a whole team here who love what we do and are proud to show our "Hamptonality".... we are glad you could see it too!

We hope to see you again on your next trip through Danville!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Just spent the night at this "train" hotel. I was shocked at the reviews of "quiet". If you enjoy the whistle of the train "ALL NIGHT" then this place is for you. It isn't just a pleasant "passing by train whistle". The conductors lay on the whistle for 10 min. at a time. Needless to say, no sleep last night. The review was correct on no where to eat. You need to get back on the freeway and go East to exit 4, make a left and on the left hand side is a pretty good steak house called Beef House. Good early bird specials that include a great soup and salad. For the am free breakfast at the hotel it is mediocre. Eggs were poo poo. The hotel itself was very clean and the staff was very friendly. There's not a choice of hotels in this area to get away from the Choo Choo so maybe plan accordingly. Just wanted my fellow travelers to get some sleep. Not sure if the trains run every night. Good luck !

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We spent one night, stop over stay. Very nice hotel, staff helpful, and very well kept hotel. The breakfast area was modern, clean and the fare was typical. My one complaint, the hotel is outside the main part of town and there is only one restaurant in walking distance. I would stay again if I'm traveling that way again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I break my reviews into sections giving 1 -> 5 stars for each section. Then I average all the stars to get a final rating. Since many hotels excel at some things and not others, I believe this is the most fair means of rating a hotel. I also rate hotels without any bias to location A hotel in Danville, IL is reviewed with the same criteria as one in Manhattan. Being in a certain location shouldn't be a reason for excuses.

Here we go:

Appearance:
Decent and nice, although a bit bland. Looks like most newer building in the world. Nothing offensive, nothing particularly beautiful. One bad thing was a lack of landscaping. Pretty much none. A few bushes here and there a few plants, and some grass. All of this set in a sea of ugly parking lot.

Rating: 3 stars (average)

Lobby/Interior
Nice, nicer than the outside. Clean and modern. Old B&W photos of Danville (In it's heyday years, makes the town seem even more depressing now) on the walls. Very nice overall.

Rating: 4 Stars (Above Average)

Room Appearance:
Also nice, quite clean and modern. Real hangers in the closet, many plugs for devices (really good) and a nice bench at the end of the bed. The drawbacks were very dark wood, windows that won't open and the existence of a desk chair that sits way too low for the desk (why do most hotels have this issue?). The cups were throw away cups instead of being real glass and ceramic. The room lacked a bathtub which I don't care about but some might, and the fridge made way too much noise (also an issue with hotels). In general very nice, but enough weird stuff and not nice stuff to knock the rating down to average.

Rating: 3 Stars (Average)

Customer service:
The desk personel were super nice and helpful. Always friendly and said "hi" each time I entered the hotel. I didn't have any issues so I am not sure how well they handled problems, but largely perfect in this category.

Rating: 5 Stars (Excellent)

Maid Service:
A bit suspect here. Nothing not clean, but more than once they got rid of all my stuff, shampoo, soap, towels, without replacing it. That is a big faux pas for me.

Rating: 2 Stars (Below Average)

Breakfast:
Meh, but not awful. Better than the competitors in the area. Still very little fruit and I'm pretty sure not a single vegetable. Not even a potato. Breakfast followed suit with some national menu that Hampton Inn follows. Very annoying. Still I escaped without having biscuits and gravy! That is a plus. Cereal as usual was stale, orange juice is slightly colored water from a vending machine (should be illegal to call that orange juice) and coffee was below even Hampton Inn's standards.

Rating: 3 Stars (Average)

Environment:
The only complete failure here. This hotel, boldly washes your sheets and duvet EVERY FREAKIN Day. I had to ask them to stop. They ignore their own policy of washing only towels left on the floor. And they remove all soap and shampoo every day. The breakfast room is full of styrofoam and plastic throw aways and there is zero recycling and composting. They only plus were the CFL light bulbs (hello, anyone in the mid-west hear of LED?).

Rating 1 Stars (Failure)

Value:
Actually this hotel is pricy for the area. Should be priced around $95 to be a good deal, but was around $125. I'd say the value is below average.

Rating 2 Stars (Below Average)

Total Rating: 2.88 Stars rounded up to 3.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Melissa T, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Danville, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Thank you for your review! We appreciate all the time you took and all the great details you gave! We hope we will see you again soon!

Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

Pretty much your standard Hampton. It could have been four stars but for two things: the service staff gather early in the laundry room and chat it up, they can be heard down the hall. And, there is no place to have dinner. We settled for Big Boy, awful.

• Stayed: June 2013
Melissa T, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Danville, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay with us while in the Danville area! I appreciate you taking the time to give us some feedback about what would have made your stay even better. I'm passing your comments thru to our staff to remind them to make sure their morning greetings do not get too loud! I'm sorry if they disturbed you while you were here and we will take your comments as a tip of something we can work on to make us even better!

Hope we will see you again soon!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The hotel lobby, breakfast area, halls and rooms are all nicely designed and decorated. Overall the property was clean, with the exception of an obvious stain on the settee in my room (right or wrong, kind of makes you wonder what else they missed though?). The bed was very comfortable, sound from the hallway other rooms was minimal to none. There was an occasional train that came by blasting it's horn...thankfully one did not come by in the middle of the night. The wireless was extremely slow to the point of frustration. Thankfully this wasn't a business trip so the inconvenience was minimal. While I did not use the pool/exercise area everything seemed to be working and was well maintained. Counter staff was great providing us with a last minute tooth brush! Nice touch with the added electrical outlet unit on a nightstand. I'd rate it higher but the rate for this property at this location was high in my mind.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Melissa T, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Danville, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay while in the Danville area! We are currently looking into the options available to us in this area so that we might be able to provide a quicker internet for our guests and I apologize that the current speed was frustrating for you. Luckily the train traffic near us does not normally run during the night time hours, we are glad it didn't disturb your sleep! Thanks again for choosing us, and taking the time to fill out a review. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the Danville area!