“FANTASTIC!!!”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 22, 2014

Excellent hibachi and would definitely go back! Flavors meld together perfectly, the chef was fantastic - had a nice sense of humor and knew how to put on a show! The service, however, was horrible! The waiter took our order and didn't come back until the end of the meal. People at the table needed drinks, etc... and he never showed up. But for the food, I would go!!!! Yum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1  Thank Nancy P

Reviewed August 19, 2014

We ate oiutside on a beautiful summer night and enjoyed wine and sushi -- sushi was great, fresh, nice variety, reasonably priced. Wine list offered variety of choices in many price ranges. We chose not to sit inside because it was dark and a bit loud, and why waste a beautiful summer night inside? Service was helpful and attentive.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

The new location is beautiful. You definitely need reservations on a weekend. The chefs are wonderful and the fried rice is very tasty.

1  Thank Jodie60050
Reviewed May 6, 2014

We came here for my sons 7th birthday as we have come here for his Birthdays in the past. We had a new chef cooking for us & you would have thought he was "Speedy Gonzalez". He did not perform a show at all & all of our food was overcooked.... We were really disappointed that he did not engage any of us especially the boys who were celebrating their "Big day". I specifically asked him not to use Teriyaki on my food however everything he put on my plate was LOADED with it. After he was done - again record speed as thought he was in a race I told the server quietly about my dissatisfaction. The server came back & told me they would comp a drink - I explained the issue again & they told me this is the best that they could do - REALLY??? My food was overcooked & had been smothered in Teriyaki which I do not like, after asking the chef not to use it on my food twice. They acted as though I was unreasonable. The bottom line is that we will not be coming back & we will tell everyone we know. We will go to either JMK Nippon or Shogun in Rockford, they both have GREAT food, service & Atmosphere. It is a shame that I will no longer be able to support this local business however they did not support us at all...

3  Thank Sam C
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We always go here for sushi, but the hibachi steak house is very popular. On weekends there is often a wait. Food is great.