“Superb for the quality of food and service”

Kyoto Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 139 Restaurants in Crystal Lake
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 16, 2014

This is by far the best Hibachi Restaurant if are visiting Mc Henry. You do not have to travel anywhere else if you are craving for Japanesse Food. The best sushi I've ever had. They used the best quality of rice sushi and its all affordable. The staff are very friendly and always create a good sense of humor to connect with their customers.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Every birthday. Every special occasion. This is his first choice. We always have a good time. The food is consistently excellent and the service is great.

Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

I really like Kyoto because you have the option of eating at the sushi bar or going with a group and eating Benihana style where the chef creates your dishes on a flaming cooktop. Sushi is fresh and beautifully presented. Prices are reasonable for the quality and average wine price per glass is $8 . My only complaint is their water. They serve horrible unfiltered tap water. And no amount of lemon wedges can mask the awful flavor. I do prefer Bistro Wasabi over Kyoto for sushi, but like the table side food& entertainment that isn't available elsewhere in the area.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Kyoto is best-known for its hibachi tables, where the chefs put on a great show and customers have grilled meats and rice meals. I love that, and visit for the show at least a couple times a year. But what I've really come to love is their sushi. Their chefs have an eye toward delicate and subtle flavors, even in complex and deep-fried rolls. The spicier items are moderately hot -- no flame-throwers. I have been to the few other Crystal Lake/Algonquin/Woodstock sushi places, and just haven't found the freshness and perfection as found at Kyoto. I get the sushi take-out quite often, and it's always perfect -- but their eat-in sushi cafe area has a lot of ambiance, and it's fun to watch the sushi chefs behind the glass counter. Service is always top-knotch, and they thank me when I come in and again when I leave. What more does a sushi-lover need?

Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Simply the best sushi around! I could eat there everyday. Never had a bad experience and have been going there for years! Celebrate every birthday and anniversary there! My husband and I also go with our kids. Great hibachi too! Love everything especially the golden shrimp and maki rolls! My husband and I even say it's better than Japoni downtown. Simply the best! Great and only place to have someone who has never had sushi, try it here! Nothing compares!