Holiday Inn Crystal Lake
$116
Country Inn
Comfort Inn(Crystal Lake)(Great Value!)
$90
$80
$54
$64
$54
Best Western Woodstock Inn(Woodstock)(Great Value!)
$91
River Inn(Fox River Grove)
$75
All reviewsroom was cleanwedding partyhouse keepingthe entire stafflobby barnice sizeexercise roomvery nice hotelup to dateshuttle serviceinnsilpets
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Actually, the only UN-perfect thing was the fact your GPS cannot find the hotel address at 800 South Route 31. You have to enter street: 3 Oaks Rd and the street number 4411 unless you want to explore surrounding area during the night (in my case). I called a front desk and they helped me navigate.

The rooms are nice and bathrooms clean. Bed was at the firmer side. Some noise (I always suggest: bring your ear plugs just in case). Breakfast was ok. Bread was not served (why?). Breakfast area is large and the crew is fast and nice. All hotel and area around it was nice and kept well. Parking lot well lit and large.
Bar is open late. Nice choice of drinks.
Very nice altogether.

Room Tip: Pay attention to my GPS advice.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank HoweDZZY
HICHICL_manager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Crystal Lake, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Sorry to hear that you had difficulty finding us by GPS. It soulds like our staff was able to help resolve this. Thanks again for all of the nice comments about our hotel

Reviewed April 9, 2012

This is a great hotel, in a great location. The staff is what makes this hotel shine. From Marianne at the front desk to Heidi at the bar and Kira who does everything in between. They make it a joy to stay there. Highly Recommended !!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo

Wow - so glad to hear how much you enjoyed the staff at our hotel. We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Beautiful lobby with way overpriced items in the gift shop and restaurant. Parking was free and they had a free shuttle to and from the banquet hall (there for a wedding).

I'm not sure what the deal was with the breakfast buffet but there were hardly any items on the buffet.

The rooms were nice but missing outlets. Had to unplug the lamp just to plug in my phone and when doing so saw condoms and popcorn behind the dresser. The coffee maker was set up in the bathroom probably for this reason.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Trenbren

Thank you for all of the great comments about your experience with our staff. We look forward to seeing you again on future visits!

Reviewed December 18, 2011

I stay regularly at this hotel when travelling to Crystal Lake on business. I have stayed at others (Hampton Inn, Comfort Inn and Suites), which are all OK, but I prefer the Holiday Inn for service and facilities.

The hotel is comfortable, has a good restaurant and good facilities including pool, fitness center, laundry room, conference rooms and even a night club. Fittings and upholstery are a little dated, but rooms are clean, comfortable and large.

The staff at Holiday Inn are very helpful and friendly and have often gone above and beyond my expectations. The Holiday Inn offers a convenient shuttle bus which can help to get you to and from the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
HICHICL_manager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Crystal Lake, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2011

Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel. We appreciate that you stay with us and especially want to thank you for your nice comments on our staff. We pride ourselves on going above and beyond our customers expectations and are thrilled that we have been able to make your stays enjoyable. Thanks again and have a wonderful Holiday season!

Reviewed December 13, 2011

Went there for a wedding on Dec. 3, 2011 and stayed over. The room was clean and typical. The reception was very nice. The restaurant was nice - we had breakfast there the following morning. The staff was friendly and attentive. My only problem was the club at the facility. It's called FML.

After the wedding a lot of us went to the club. We'd all had an awful lot to drink at the recption and were having fun and didn't want it to end. There was one black gentleman at the recption and he was the only one in our group that the doorman didn't allow into FLM. He said that he was too drunk. I know I and a lot others in our group had more than he did. I found this SO unacceptable.

Room Tip: We had a typical HI room but I know they have larger ones with mini kitchens because others staying over were given those rooms. We had a smoking room so that might be why we received the room we got. It was totally fine though.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank atcdp
HICHICL_manager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Crystal Lake, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2011

Please accept my apologies for any inconveniences this may have caused you. It is unfortunate that your companion was not granted access into the club.
While FML is inside the Holiday Inn, it is owned and operated by a separate entity and those decisions would be made by FML Management.
I would like to point out however, that when it comes to serving alcohol, the law is very clear. It is unlawful to serve anyone who appears to be under the influence. I know that their servers as well as ours are certified and trained in serving responsibly and we must rely on their judgment.
Again, our apologies and we appreciate your comments. I will pass them along to the management of FML.