“An OK family-style restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Around the Clock

Around the Clock
Ranked #13 of 128 Restaurants in Crystal Lake
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fox River Grove, Illinois
“An OK family-style restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

When we moved to the Crystal Lake area, it seemed that everyone talked about Around the Clock, so we made sure to try it several times. However, to me, it is simply average. The food is OK - not bad, not great, just fine. Service is variable, depending on the server, so it can be good or not.

Cary, IL
“Decent food, smallish menu, overpriced.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

Been going here off and on for 10 years. Family likes it better than I do. For a diner type establishment it has a pretty small selection. Everything is a dollar or two more than it should be which adds up to $60 for a family of four. Unlike most places no side of pancakes offered with eggs only toast. Desserts are best part. Fantastic selection and always fresh. Service is usually friendly.

• Visited July 2012
Maui, Hawaii
“Way OVERPRICED!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

Was good back when. Now, average food for a high price in my book, and I travel all over. I could get a better breakfast at a lower price in Maui, Hawaii!!

Visited April 2012
Altamonte Springs, Florida
“Very good diner at any hour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

The wife and I got hungry one night and decided to hit a late night diner. Although a drive from where we live, we decided to visit around the clock restaurant. Would probably go back there if we were in the area.

Food:
We had breakfast which is fairly simple. It was good. No twist or anything like that. The portion was big as expected. The coffee was hot. Everything came out quickly.

Service:
Very good service as well. Not too much lingering around and everything was prompt. Coffee refills came at the right times and no having to remind the waitress that we had decaf.

Atmosphere:
I was surprised that it definitely had a diner feel to it. The place appears well kept. The lighting was nice and bright especially for being open late night. There was a buzz in the air and the place was very busy. I did notice that the customers were a bit on the older side. Usually these late night places get packed with teens drinking coffee. Not here. Great mix of people.

Overall, my first time at this place and I was not disappointed. Nothing stood out as a must have and everything seemed to be standard fare. I would certainly visit this place if I was in the area and I don't think I would have to worry about not getting full.

• Visited April 2012
McHenry, Illinois
“Good food any hour of the day or night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2012

Around the Clock is a very good place to get a meal regardless of the time of day. The bakery selection is fantastic!

Visited February 2012