“Breakfast not Lunch”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed November 1, 2012

This a great little breakfast place. We had an excellent meal. The kids loved it and the service was excellent. Everyone is very friendly and we didn't wait very long for anything. I am finicky about breakfast so their selection isn't exotic, but my kids and I love it. My favorite part was the service. Our waitress was so nice and absolutely on the ball. It was great!

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Eggs benedict, apple pancakes you can take half home, great service and lovely atmosphere.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is part of a small chain. The one in Schaumburg is great and this one was almost as good until the former manager, Lou, left. We last ate here at about 10AM on aTuesday morning. My favorite dish here was the chicken (country) fried steak. What made it was the great sausage gravy…. just like the gravy at the Schaumburg restaurant. They apparently no longer use that recipe and now the gravy is bland and tasting of uncooked flour…I could not finish it. Unfortunately the signature hash browns were not as tasty as usual, lacking onions and not as crisp as usual. Even my wife’s crepes where not up to their former standard. The lady who was introduced as a manager said she was sorry and would let the manager know…. no offer of a discount or a coupon for next time. On the plus side service was excellent including coffee service. I doubt if we will ever go back.

Reviewed June 1, 2012

Good Breakfast, nice staff, delicious food, nice atmosphere!

Reviewed April 7, 2012

We went during the week with a coupon for 6$'s off. We put the coupon on the front of the table to be seen. We ordered- and waited- and waited. Food was good. When the bill came I gave them cash and the coupon, the waitress came back and said they cannot honor it and would i like to see the manager, sure. 5 minutes later, the waitress comes back and said the manager was busy and they took of 5$'s because the is the only button on the computor. Huh? In leaving, both of the managers were just sitting behind the counter. With Benedicts La Strata and Around the Clock in town, we won't be back.