“The other Walker Brother”
Review of Richard Walker's

Richard Walker's
Ranked #16 of 131 Restaurants in Crystal Lake
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Island Lake, Illinois
“The other Walker Brother”
Reviewed December 28, 2011

Basically the same menu and food as his brother's place in Lake Zurich. I always get the great apple pancake so I can't comment on the other food. Good service. Restaurant a liitle dark inside - wish it had better lighting.

jacksonville, fl
“Best Bacon I've Had”
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Stopped here for breakfast while visiting the Chicago area. Good food (loved the bacon) and friendly service. Reasonably priced. We would go again.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank reallaw46
Chicago, Illinois
“Decent food poor service”
Reviewed September 2, 2011

I'll start off by saying I've been eating at this restaurant for years, probably since it first opened and have to say that the service, food quality, and customer service has severely decreased over the years. Today we ate at Richard Walkers for breakfast, and sad to say it will probably be our last time. What really had me angry is that the customer service here and wait staff is horrible now. We had the displeasure of having a waiter that didn't speak the English language very well and was extremely hard to understand. Don't get me wrong, I am not racist by any means, but ordering can be quite difficult if they can't understand what you want. Secondly, the food is highly priced now for what you get. I ordered an omelet, which came with choice of pancakes, toast...etc. But that's all you got...the omelet and pancakes. I've been to other breakfast restaurants recently and they all came with hash browns, omelet, and choice of pancakes/toast. I feel for $10, you should be getting more than an omelet on a large white plate with a side of three small pancakes. Plus, the cheese in my omelet was all in one section of the omelet and tasted gross! Back in the day when this place first opened, customer service was excellent, the lines were out the doors, and food was plentiful...so sad, it's certainly not like that anymore. My suggestion, chose another breakfast restaurant!

• Visited September 2011
Crystal Lake, Illinois
“Expensive and limited menu”
Reviewed October 7, 2010

Richard Walkers is a step up from IHOP for sure. The ingredient they use are all good quality. But it is still breakfast and they don't need to charge as much as they do. As a vegetarian I found the menu to be limited. Where is the traditional breakfast skillet with potatoes, veggies and eggs?

There are better places to go in CL for breakfast....

Cedarburg, Wisconsin
“Didn't know what to have”
Reviewed August 23, 2010

The breakfast menu has plenty to choose from. I selected the blueberry pancakes. I received 6 good sized pancakes (I could only eat 3 1/2). They were hot and flavorful. They came with a side of fresh blueberries as well. Wait staff was courtious, could have been a little faster at refilling coffee, but overall was an enjoyable breakfast. Would eat there again.