“Onion Blossom can't be beat” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #67 of 129 Restaurants in Crystal Lake
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Chicago, Illinois
“Onion Blossom can't be beat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

Their steaks are marvelous and we love their Onion Blossoms. it's always a pleasant dining experience, with nice polite waiters.

Ocala, Florida
“Always Busy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

Staff greats you at door. They offer a snack while you wait. Usually a reasonably short wait, sometimes longer. Food, I find is always good, but now the portions have gotten smaller and the prices have not. Service is always great. Will come back again though.

• Visited December 2012
Indiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ewww...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

We moved from Mishawaka, Indiana to Crystal Lake, IL. We don't have a lot of eating out money, so we chose a restaurant we knew and loved. We figured if we stuck with a chain we could be guaranteed a certain quality & flavor. Boy were we wrong! Our Outback back home was good with salt and knew how to grill a steak. This outback had soup that tasted like a salt lick and a salad that tasted like it was more than a week old. I held out hope and wait for my steak and potatoes to come. When I FINALLY, after 2 requests and 45 minutes, received my food, I found a fingernail and band-aid in my food. I nearly threw up. I will NEVER go back! The manager then wanted to remake my food and did not offer to pay for it... REALLY how about I just call the health department in the morning! DISGUSTING. It was the worst service I have ever had. We tipped less than a dollar and since I used to wait tables and know what it takes to earn a tip, even for bad service we tip 10%. Terrible experience which makes me sad because our Outback steakhouse back home was a great place with great people.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank FDenlinger
McHenry, Illinois
“Not what it was”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

oUTBACK IS STILL TASTY- lOVE THE ONIONS nobady makes them better! However- i am not a fan of their "wood fired" grill- trying to take after some of the newer steak houses- the specail is still tasty- but the portions have gotten small- not smaller- but just small. Still love it- hope the economy turns so they can get back to old form.

Visited June 2012
Fox River Grove, Illinois
“Friendly service, good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

Outback serves a consistent product, and the Crystal Lake franchise contributes to the company's positive brand. We are always welcomed at the door, and seated quickly if we get there before it's too crowded (which it often is on weekends; do call ahead seating!). Servers are friendly and helpful, and food is good. We visit this Outback probably monthly and have yet to receive an order that was not cooked as requested.

Visited June 2012