“Not worth it. Drive a little farther and go to a different indoor Trampoline Park.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Mega Trampoline

Mega Trampoline
Ranked #16 of 20 things to do in Crystal Lake
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Stroller parking
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

I have been to multiple Trampoline Indoor Parks so this review is based off of what I have seen that works and doesn't work at the other parks. The overall idea and concept is wonderful but the owner has a lot to do in order to even come close to compete with other Trampoline locations. I can only hope that he/she will read this and make the necessary changes before they go out of business.

Pros:
-It's conveniently located in Crystal Lake

Cons:
-Not able to reserve a time online. We were lucky enough to come when they were not busy but I would hate to be here during their busy time.
-Not able to fill out waivers online. This must be filled out by hand and hope that they enter it for your next visit. Allowing people to do this online would save a lot of time or even adding computer terminals at the location would be helpful.
-No lockers. This was a huge negative. They did have a limited number of small cubby holes but they were all full and too small to even hold winter boots and jackets. Plus you risk your items being stolen. As a result we had to keep one person at the table at all times to watch our things.
-They have a bounce area for smaller kids but as a result the jump area is not as big as other locations and gets crowded fast. Plus they do not have a basketball jump area which was another big negative for some of the kids in our group.
-They do have a dodgeball area but the person watching it needs to understand the concept behind dodgeball. Instead of playing the game all way through until just one side was left standing she just kept letting kids go in through out the game.
-This place opened over 5months ago but from the looks of the inside you would think it's not even opened yet. The lobby area is unfinished, the cafe area is unfinished, some of the vending machines are empty, they have TVs up but they were clearly not working yet, carpet was duct taped and there are even cut out holes in the drywall and doors with no handles on them. No attention to detail at all. Also, what was finished had the wear and tear of a place that has been open already for years.
-The place was also dirty. For example, there was a spill on the floor when we arrived and we asked for some paper towels to clean it up but we were told they didn't have any. So finally 45mins later they found a mop and decided to clean it up that way. Makes me wonder how well they clean at the end of the night.
-Safety is not a top priority here at all. Kids were doing flips into the pit, running across the trampolines and multiple kids were on the same trampoline. While all of this was happening the employees were either jumping around themselves or standing/sitting and talking to each other. There was zero enforcement of safety rules. It was clear the employees were just kids themselves and could care less.

I can only hope they will make the needed changes/improvements. Until then I would much rather drive a little further to different Trampoline Park.

Visited December 2013
4 Thank christina9876

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Good place for middle school kids to go on a Friday or Saturday Evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

I took my daughter and her girl friends here for my daughter's 13th birthday. I chose not to do the party room because she is just too old for that type of thing now. I paid for my daughter and her 6 friends to go jump at the "mega" Friday night. Note, since this is a later hour, this is not a place to bring little ones. I saw a few kids around 8 years old that were here and it just seemed that the age difference was not appropriate. It is only my humble opinion as a mom, but I think this place should have a minimum age for the Mega Party's that start at 8 pm. You would think the later hour would deter younger jumpers, but it doesn't. Other thing to point out is that you are required to purchase their socks at $2 a person. Not a big deal, but just something to know. You can fill out the forms ahead of time on line which saves time when you check in. I will probably keep bringing my younger kids (8 and 5) to places such as Pump it Up or Monkey Joes, but I love the fact that there is a place I can bring my teen that gives her and her friends something to do and it involves exercise! The place should establish a system like every 5th visit is $5 to get in, or something like that to encourage frequent visitors, but I am sure that will come. I am just happy to have another option for my teen.

Visited September 2013
4 Thank Gilcinc
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Ok place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

I only let me kids go here on a Fri or Sat. It's worth the $. Is not worth your $ during the week once the grand opening price goes away. Too expensive. $14 an hour is a rip off. I know other trampoline places cheaper. Also get some more trampolines.

Visited August 2013