“Closed”

London Pub and Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 1, 2014

London Pub is closed. For sale sign out front. All signage gone. I have to keep typing since there is a 100 character minimum on tripadvisor

2  Thank Nick K
There are newer reviews for London Pub and Grill

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Unfortunately I have to write this review. First let me say that this was one of my favorite resuraunts. My wife and I have attended the New Years party, our anniversary and several other special occasions. We were always pleased by the quality of food, amazing service and great atmosphere. However, we went here last night to celibrate our 16 year anniversary with friends (who had never been here before but heard us rave about it) and we were all extremely disappointed. When we walked in I could just tell something was different. Usually it's crowded and buzzing but it was fairly empty and there was a lack energy that used to exist. I also noticed that they had changed the menu. Now when I say they changed the menus not only was the food different but they went from nice leather menus to a folded piece of paper. I started to wonder if the restaurant had been sold to a new owner. I started to get nervous as we had hyped the experience up to our friends who were with us. I will say the service was still very good. The drinks from the bar were good. But that's were the positives stop. We ordered appetizers, something new we noticed, lobster nachos. Sounds awesome right! Well the lobster was shrimp we think. Disappointed to say the least. Then my wife ordered the surf and turf. Steak was yummy according to her but everyone at the table could smell something funky about the lobster. Sure enough when she started to investigate she discoverd it was spoiled. Yeah, spoiled lobster. Gross. This was a $30 plate and whoever ever prepared this didn't notice is smelled rancid? Ok, NO quality control at all! They took the plate off the bill and asked if my wife wanted them to fire up another. NO THANKS... LOL. I ordered the ribs as did my friend, these were not the ribs I had ordered the last time. They were skimpy and chard. What a disappointment. They used to be meaty and tender and fall off the bone. So this all made me realize there was a new owner of the restaurant. It was the only conclusion I could come to. Even though we were having a bad experience we tried to stick it out. I even ordered dessert. Cheesecake. A simple request, it was on the menu. After waiting about 10 min the server came back to tell me that unfortunately the cheesecake was frozen and asked if I wanted something else. Yeah.... I want a check so I can get the hell out of here. How are you NOT prepared to serve cheesecake at 8 pm on a Friday night. Hmmmm...

Also, the server confirmed that the original chef had left but the owner is the same. Word of advice to the owner, get the quality back. This experience was horrible. Unfortunaly one of our favorite spots in town is now history. This used to be an upscale experience with a real down to earth vibe. The food was amazing and the music was great. Now it's subpar ill prepared food service cloaked in what was once and great experience. I should have known since they also changed the name from the London Club to the London Pub & Grill that the experience was going to be different. I WONT recommend this place anymore, unless the old chef comes back.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

If you love London and English food, you will love this place! Went for lunch to try it out, around 2:00 on Saturday, not crowded. Food was excellent as was the service. Our waitress was friendly and told us a bit about the owner and his future plans for this restaurant. Food arrived on time and was better than we expected. The atmosphere was warm, cozy. with some British decor,Tube maps and prints. As an Anglophile always on the search for a bit of Britain close by, I hope others will come to this place and really make it successful. Have you thought of advertising on Anglotopia.com? What about adding London newspapers and magazines? Pimms in the summer on the patio would be fantastic! Also serve fresh brewed tea, not bags....just a wish list. I will definitely return -- give it a try!

1  Thank mary w
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Eight of us went for dinner and it was okay. Our table was quite cramped, hard to get out to use the restroom. Several items on their menu were not available. Our food was okay. The onion rings were delicious. Our waitress seemed new, so hopefully in time she'll do better. I hope it works out for them, it's a very nice building. It appears that there will be outside seating when the weather improves, that's probably when I'll try it again.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

My husband and I went to London Pub on Saturday at the recommendation of our neighbors, who I might add are very critical by nature. Three words. WE LOVED IT. My husband had surf & Turf - awesome presentation, excellent flavor, great price! - I had Corned beef and cabbage dinner and it was outstanding. We are going back for the duck which we heard is mouth watering.
The staff was super friendly and the band was very entertaining. We got there at 7 for dinner and left at 1:30 a.m. - GREAT TIME!!