“Our family's favorite treat!”
Review of That's Amore Pizza

That's Amore Pizza
Ranked #28 of 139 Restaurants in Crystal Lake
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We love their pizza. My mother has also ordered pasta and said it was better than Olive Garden. The people are super super friendly. We make the short treck from Mchenry because there is nothing in our town as good.

Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

We ordered for the first time and were eager to try the 'new' place. We ordered just a '14 pizza with half mushroom & pepperoni and half sausage & onion and a order of buffalo wings. The person who answered the phone was very friendly and polite. I was told that it would be a 45-50 minute wait. I thought that was a long wait for a thin crust pizza and some wings, but it was starting to snow so it didn't seem to outrageous.

The pizza showed up about an hour after I ordered. Needless to say it was cold. The wings were ok, but I think the sauce could have been cooked on a little longer. They only have New York style so no pan or thick crust pizza.

The bread twists (or whatever they're called) are basically cooked pizza dough with garlic. They would probably be better if they used real olive oil with a little parm cheese and some dipping sauce and then they could sell them for a buck or two instead of giving them away.

The pizza was ok, I was expecting the crust be crispy like a cracker but not quite. They used fresh veggies and the meats were good too. The sauce had a good flavor. I love cheese so it's hard to get a thin crust for me that has enough. Overall it was decent but didn't rock my world.

They are open for lunch which is always a plus and I might give one of their sandwiches a try. Maybe they have personal size pizzas.

It's worth trying again, don't know yet if I'll become a regular; one step at a time :)

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Excellent pizza and garlic rolls. Friendly service. Great hours and delivery options on Bears game Sundays.