“Hometown Italian Food”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Where Good Food Good Wine Good Friends Come Together
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Celebrating my wife's B-Day
Superb service & Large Servings ( Come in with an empty stomach )
Ordered Clams Posillipo, suggestion, ask if you want a lot or less sauce on your meal. Tasted the sauce instead of the Clams and Mussels. We also ordered the Chicken Marsala and it was excellent. Best of all was the Dessert Tiramisu, it will melt in your mouth, never had one as tasty as this one (original)

1  Thank JuanNaylor

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Have been here many times and never disappointed. Large portions and friendly wait staff. If you like seafood try the Frutta Di Mare but be prepared to take 2/3 of it home because of the size. Wife and i will share an appetizer then spit the dish and still take home a portion. Great martinis as well.

1  Thank lvftmyersbeach
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Conveniently placed the steps from the Crystal Lake train station, da Baffone Cucina Italiana is your gateway from Crystal Lake the the Amalfi Coast in Italy. My wife and I were stunned at how eating at this restaurant made us feel like we were back on our honeymoon less than a month ago.

My wife and I went here on a Tuesday night around 7pm, and even on typically one of the slowest weeknights for restaurants, it was pretty full. The bar had a few people drinking wine, and 80% of the tables were taken.

The menu is not huge, but just the right size, and seems to offer both northern and southern italian dishes, which is nice to see. However they do seem to concentrate on the southern italian cooking, offering more garlic and oil versus the traditional pesto of the northern region.

I had the pancetta wrapped pork with rosemary, and it was outstanding. I am a big man, and it was enough to fill me up for the rest of the night.

Per my wife, this is the best restaurant in the town, and it's hard to disagree.

1  Thank Ciepierball
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Loved our dining experience. The flavors of the food were exceptional and the service was superb!!

Reviewed April 26, 2012

The Wine bar as you come into da Baffone looks like Italy. The friendly staff will help you pick out anything from the appetizers to the Wines. First class service, great food what more can you ask for.

1  Thank Michael T