“Great place for BBQ lovers!”

Crystal Lake Rib House
Ranked #70 of 130 Restaurants in Crystal Lake
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Huntley
“Great place for BBQ lovers!”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Hi,

We like the Crystal Lake Rib House. The Pulled pork is great and you get large helping of food. The sides such as cole slaw and baked beans are also very good. Ribs are their speciality and they come out on a big platter ( very tasty)! They also feature large "slabs" of pie ( a great way to end the meal). You can sign up for their emails and get coupons.

• Visited March 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“Good Food”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Get the Chicken chips my wife loves them. Very good. Nice craft beer selection. They always have a Groupon or Living Social ad so there is a fish hook to stop by. I like the pork sandwich and ribs. You want barbecue and don't want to make it , go here. !!!

• Visited April 2013
Darien, Illinois
“Small but good”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I noticed in other reviews the discomfort of the small dining room of the rib house and agree that it really has only some 10 tables or so and a few outside. I came after the lunch hour just to avoid the crowd (about half filled) and I found the food to be very good...I had the house specialty which was a large slab of ribs costing $20 and they had a deep flavor and fell off the bone. I could easily see someone ordering take outs and avoiding the small environs. Perhaps knowing what to expect might assist in having a more pleasant experience. The waitress was exceptionally friendly and helpful. They had a wide variety of bottled beers and a few brands on tap.

• Visited May 2013
Cary, Illinois, United States
“Soooo good”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Some of the best bbq I've had! It rivals any of the authentics from the bbq capitals of Texas, Carolinas, etc. I would have to say the ribs are my favorite, and definitely some of the best ribs I've ever had! But you really can't go wrong with anything on their menu. Huge portions; you get your money's worth.

Visited April 2013
Crystal Lake, Illinois
“Salty food / crowded inside”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I wanted to like this place. It’s charming on the outside. However my visit wasn’t very good. First there were many folks packed into the small pick-up/waiting area for tables, with nowhere really to move. Once seated, you are almost sitting right on top of the tables around you. The whole dining area is one very small room and the tables are so close you reach out from your seat and grab food off of the other tables and you will hear every word of your neighbor’s conversations whether you want to or not. When the food came, at first I was impressed with the portion size. However that didn’t mean much once I had a taste of the over-cooked and over-salted pulled pork. Very disappointing. I would recommend anyone avoid this place.

• Visited March 2013