“Enjoyed the Fajitas!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Cary, IL
“Enjoyed the Fajitas!”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

We stopped by Pablo’s for about 8:30pm on a Saturday night for a late dinner. The tortilla chips were hot and our server replenished our empty basket every time we requested it to be filled. The Shrimp Fajitas were hot and sizzling! The compo platter with the taco, enchilada and tostada was tasty with a nice size portion. The restaurant wasn’t the newest or the cleanest but I have been to Mexican restaurants in much worse condition. Service was a bit slow but it was later in the evening so it was understandable. Prices are a bit on the high side for Mexican food and the Margaritas were just ok.

• Visited March 2014

Illinois
“A favorite no more :-(”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We have been coming to Pablos for probably over 13 years. It used to be amazing. I am sad to say that it went downhill in the worst of ways. First of all, overall this restaurant was successful. So Why over the years did they not take the time and money to renovate it as needed ? The bathrooms are a disgrace. I have seen cleaner and more up to date in run down gas stations. The cleanliness is what really really an issue. I was served napkins covered in dust and black soot. My chips came with two old curly fries underneath. The forks and plates were Filthy ! I don't even want to imagine what the kitchen looks like. I'm afraid the only thing good anymore is the salsa if you dare eat it. Portions have become stale and skimpy to what it was in the past. Please, spend the money to bring it up to code. Cleanliness code. and do some much needed bathroom renovations. Maybe then I might return... maybe

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank AABTK1
Crystal Lake, Illinois
“better mexican food alternatives than pablo's”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

americanized mexican food. el charrito frozen enchilada dinners available in walmart's frozen dinner section for $2.38 are far superior. Herdez salsa available at Joseph's and Walmart are much more authentic mexican salsas. tip: warm stonware plates in the oven and transfer the el charrito heated enchilada meals to them for a more authentic, far superior mexican dinner at a superior dollar value.

• Visited January 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Taco Bell > Pablo's”
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

We have been to Paublos twice. The first time we weren't impressed so we gave it a second chance. The food is not very authentic or fresh. We are new and everyone raves about this place but Id rather get a grilled stuffed burrito and make my own salsa at home when we're craving Mexican food. Just not impressed.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Zirkyfamily
Algonquin, IL
“Best Fettucini Alfredo at a Mexican Restaurant!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Their Mexican fare is great, but I am addicted to Pablo's Fettucini Alfredo. OMG! I'm going from memory, but I believe it has chipotle peppers and cilantro in it. It's got several gooey cheeses in it as well. Not your typical fettucini alfredo. You can get it with chicken or shrimp. I love the chicken. The service is always very good, and Pablo is very friendly. I recommend it!

• Visited February 2013