“Extremely clean and friendly”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Crystal Lake
Reviewed July 14, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised with the cleanliness of this hotel. The staff were attentive and friendly and the continental breakfast was above and beyond any hotel I have stayed at. If you are in the area and want a reasonably priced, clean and comfortable place to stay, this is the place.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank lacommuter

Reviewed June 11, 2011

The hotel was about what I would expect for a Comfort Inn. Average size rooms, reasonably clean and comfortable. We didn't get to try the pool, but internet worked fine. Staff was very helpful, especially in the breakfast area as we were assisted with the waffle maker and other accessories.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Happyrocker
Reviewed January 12, 2011

Decent enough, although our non-smoking room smelled of smoking. It was very clean, just smelled bad, so we bought an air freshener. Breakfast was adequate, but not brilliant and not helped by having polystyrene plates and plastic cutlery. All the staff were very nice and helpful, although Jim, receptionist, was exceptional. The pool was nice and warm. Laundry facilities are available on site.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Karen F
Reviewed November 9, 2010

This was a clean and comfortable hotel, but if you are sensitive to cigarette smoke be aware that the halls have heavy smoke smell. There was no smell in our room, so it was okay. I can't complain too much, as this is not a "smoke-free" hotel. Everything else was good.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelinJacks
Reviewed August 12, 2010

Let me start by saying that I stay in over 25 Comfort/Quality Inn's per year. So I have some understanding of what to expect.

This particular hotel really stands out on quality.

First, when I booked with corporate, they only had smoking rooms at the "double bed" rate. When I arrived, I asked the clerk if they had any non-smoking rooms available. He said no, but upgraded me to a suite at no additional charge. This was super awesome.

But it gets better. I hate, hate, hate the crappy pillows that every choice hotels uses. But this hotel had replaced them with really nice comfy pillows. I joked with my wife that I wanted to swipe one to take home with me.

The next day, my wife wanted to go out shopping while I slept some more. I called down to the clerks and asked if I could check-out late. They said no problem.

On top of this, the room was perfectly clean and the beds were comfortable. Everything worked perfectly. In fact, the AC had us frozen to the bed by morning (my mistake on the settings).

This hotel deserves a Platinum rating from Choice. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Skylighter
Reviewed August 11, 2010

This hotel is a SUPER value. Conveniently located in Crystal Lake just off Routes 14 and 31 (in the middle of shopping and tons to do!) It's very clean with nice, big rooms. We had a microwave and fridge in the room--a must-have for families traveling with small children!! It has a small pool (perfect for an evening dip) and a hearty breakfast buffet. We were very impressed with this hotel and would definately stay here again!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank BarbTravels__10
Reviewed June 4, 2010

Hotel staff is very nice, and helpful. Room was very clean. Free popcorn in the afternoon.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Americas Best Value Inn Barrington
Super 8 Woodstock
Super 8 Woodstock
#2 of 3 in Woodstock

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!