“Good Food, Nice People, Attentive”

Jameson's Char House
Ranked #5 of 128 Restaurants in Crystal Lake
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Schaumburg, Illinois
“Good Food, Nice People, Attentive”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Have been here several times, usually a group of more than 4. We gather for a fine meal in a nice dark wood setting. I'm the Bone-in Ribeye guy. It's huge but so good I finish it off. Some times we have a group of 6 or 8. Everyone raves about whatever they had ordered. We always have great service and never try to go during prime times or days. A chef tipped me off on when to go to restaurants to have the best possible experience. He was right. If you are looking for bargains go elsewhere. But if you want some excellent cusine, Jameson's is the place. And we'll be there for early dinner tonight again. Also we don't live near it, but it's worth the drive. The owner always comes to our table to make sure everything is just right. We have nothing but comments and compliments. During busy times he does his best to seat you ASAP.

• Visited March 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“Too much hype...no punch”
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Its a meat n potatoes place. Average food with above average prices. Frankly if you go across the street to Around the Clock you will get the same food at a third the cost!

Huntley, Illinois
“Don't stop, just go there!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

O.K., it's not Ruth's Chris or Mortons but you're not paying $100 a head to get out the door. Jamesons gives you a great steak or seafood with a lot of sides for a price that will not break your wallet. And, their french onion soup is to die for. Virtually everything they have is GOOD and at a good price for all that they give you. Go there, you won't be disappointed!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank GBALLS
Naperville, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“No Thank You”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

First time in this restaurant and we will not return. We did not have a reservation so we expected to wait, but what we did not expect was to spend an hour watching the nervous manager yell at his hostesses. We were seated in a small room off the bar where we waited 15 minutes for someone to come to our table. Our server was very nice and promptly brought our drinks. When it was my turn to order I stated that I had never eaten there. Her response was "what would you like to order?". So much for suggestions. I said that I would like to start with the french onion soup. The response was "that's another 4.95". I have never before been quoted a price off of a menu so I just nodded. Was that the right response? Don't really know. The soup was fine. The salad was a plate of mixed greens (from a bag?) with 1 cherry tomato each. The salad was not dressed. The dressing was served on the side in a plastic ramekin. Very Tacky. We waited an unusual amount of time between the salad and the entree. The steak was very good. I had the kebob and everyone else had filet. Mine was cooked perfectly, but the filets were terrribly over cooked. Not wanting to wait longer we decided against mentioning it. There are so many good steak houses out there so don't waist your time on this one.

• Visited February 2013
Woodstock, Illinois
“Perfect Friday night!!”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Went in at 6:30, made a reservation the night before. Arrived and the place was packed, the waiting area was bustling, but with the reservation we were seated within 5 minutes. Very attentive waiter, arrived with bread and water came shortly after. I had the 11oz filet which was cooked perfectly, forgot what my wife got because my food was so good I barely looked up if only to take down some water. We will be returning for sure, quick service, excellent food. One con of the visit was that this place is so loud it was hard to Cary on a conversation at a normal tone.