“Great hotel with friendly staff”

Holiday Inn Express Crestwood
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Crestwood
Reviewed August 11, 2011

The hotel is clean and the staff is friendly.The "breakfast in a bag" was a great touch. Very helpful as we had to be at the hospital very early in the morning. The neigborhood was nice with restaurants close by. It was an easy drive to downtown Chicago. We took side roads to avoid the interstate, and the trip still didn't take us long. We chose this one because the hotels closer to downtown were too expensive for us. This was a great option! Great price. Nice staff. I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Kim R
Kevin M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Crestwood, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2016

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Crestwood

Reviewed August 8, 2011

Good for business, and very close access to the tollway (your best bet for navigating Chicago). Neighborhood is great with many restaurant choices nearby. The lady serving breakfast was exceptionally nice, and overall staff was great too. Clean rooms.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed July 23, 2011

Stayed here recently for some business meeting,checked in and the air conditioner was not working properly on a day with triple digit heat. Called the front desk, the attendant was apologetic and nice. He upgraded us to a suite room, we think, woohoo. The A/C in this room worked sparingly and only one speed, low. The refrigerator didn't work at all. The furnishings are dated and worn with stains all over them. The carpet in the room and the hallway was worn and had big splotches in it. We were so tired we just said screw it rather than haul stuff to a third room. I stay at a lot of Hamptons, this one is bottom of the barrel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Mukilteomob

Reviewed June 13, 2011

Clean and orderly. Decent beakfast. Free parking. If visiting Chicago,it's 30 miles away and 1 hour.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank JOHNJAX

Reviewed February 8, 2011

Got double charged for my room, refused to reverse the charge (even though I had the statement that was slid under my door that said it should not have been charged to me). She made me call my spouse, get him off the job to verify the card it was SUPPOSED to be charged to, then was so rude I wanted to slam the phone down on her. MANAGEMENT IS HORRIBLE. Double check EVERYTHING re: your bill if you stay here. Otherwise, the place is decent. Damaris, get some management training. You're TERRIBLE. I just read another review that said THE SAME THING!!! Get rid of her.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank TwinBritts

Reviewed January 31, 2011

Reserved the King Suite online for my daughter's bday for a Saturday night. Went to the hotel alone so I could decorate the room and bring in a surprise gift.
First thing when I entered the hotel, there were two police cars outside. Went inside to find a dispute between the manager and two guests. Checked in anyway because this can happen anywhere. When I checked in I gave the desk clerk my online reservation confirmation number and hotel receipt I printed. (It was prepaid) All seem to be fine.
When I was in the room the Manager called and told me my room wasn't paid for I needed to come down and take care of this. I talked to the Manager and showed her my online reservation/hotel receipt. Didn't seem good enough to convice her I prepaid for the room so I went online and printed a copy of my credit card statment showing the hotel charges were on my credit card. Still wasn't good enough. Now I was getting frustrated and was pressed for time. The Manager developed this nasty attitude when I expressed my frustration over the issue. She kept insisting I didn't prepay even with the black and white evidence of an online hotel receipt and credit card receipt.

The manager said she had to call (not sure who) to figure out why the payment wasn't shwoing on her computer. I tried to be as patient as possible but she kept telling me to give her my credit card to pay for the room or I had to leave. At this point I was in shock. Here I had two pieces of evidence that I paid for the room and about to have a little surprise for my daughter's birthday. I expresed my frustration and the Manager blew up on me. Told me she had the right to check me out of my room "ANYTIME SHE WANTED". To my dismay she proceeded to do so. Told me to get out of the room.
I am now at the point of disbelieve this is happening and in tears because of my daughter's surprise will be ruined. I had to call 911 to get the Police there to get the Manager to realize I had prepaid for the room. I showed the Police my receipts and they told her this should be sufficent evidence and that the probelm was on her end not mine.

Although I didn't want to stay there another minute because of how horrible I felt I had to stay because I paid for the room and didn't have a ton of extra money to be reservating yet another room somehwere else on such a short (hours) notice.

Needless to say, I will never go to the hotel again. Although the hotel itself was fine, the Manager ruined it.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank FunInTheSun129

Reviewed October 26, 2010

We stayed here for free on our Hilton Honors points. Which is a good thing. Everything was great until we got to the sofa sleeper that my boys would be sleeping on. It had a huge tear/gash in the fabric on the front and when I went to pull out the sleeper part, it was mostly bent and jammed in to place. So it took some work to get it out.

Everything else in the room was fine and I have no complaints there. We slept as best we could with 2 coughing people in our room. Gotta love hotel dry air.

We picked this Hampton Inn because it is just down from Midway and it has a breakfast. The trip to Midway was about 30mins on a Friday morning.

The breakfast was good, they had breakfast pizza, waffles, danish, muffins, fresh fruit and more. Plenty to go around.

I would stay here again, but hope that they take the time to fix/update there furniture.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank smily21

Thank you very much for your feedback!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Crestwood
Doubletree Hotel Chicago / Alsip
#3 of 3 in Orland Park
Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn
Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn
#1 of 4 in Oak Lawn

Been to Holiday Inn Express Crestwood? Share your experiences!